creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, January 14, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Bites

 

Cookies can make any Monday better right?

I have a small, healthy, delicious treat for you!

More good news?

Its totally starting to warm up around here.

coldweather

Source

We woke up this morning and our power was out and it was 45 degrees in our house! I headed to the gym and the power was back on by the time I got home! Yay!

I’m also glad I got to the gym with my pants on the right way! Last time I got ready in the dark I ended up with them on backwards! Winking smile

applecinna

Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Bites

I had to shorten this title,If I was really going for tongue twister they would be known as Apple Cinnamon, coconut- almond butter chocolate cookies. PHEW! Probably because I made this cookies as I went along for a quick Sunday treat!

My twins love oatmeal, but they don’t really love the apple-cinnamon one which is okay in my book because it is the highest in sugar. (14 g each packet). But just enough for cookies right?

IMG_1428[1]

I grabbed and mixed together the following.

Ingredients:

  • 3 packets quick oats – Apple Cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 Coconut flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • Stevia (I used NuNatural liquid).
  • 1/4 mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

 

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Mix together oats, eggs.

Stir in coconut flour, baking powder, stevia

Scoop about 1 Tbsp. of dough, separated out onto cookie sheet and smash them down with a spatula or your hand.

Bake for 15 minutes

IMG_1412[1]

Enjoy!