creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, January 12, 2013

3 Tips To Make Things HAPPEN.

 

As a Fitmixer Ambassador, this month we were given the assignment to share about something new we want to do this year, goals, ideas etc, and how we can make them a reality.

Here are some tips to help make them a reality.

It’s a new year. And just like every Monday, we start over, with whatever goals we attempt to commit too.

In 2013 I made a few resolutions, which include some things I just want to improve, and some things I have never done before that are new to me that I want to succeed at. 

I think the majority of people use Mondays like a fresh start. Which is awesome, right? I mean, we are all human and stuff happens and we make mistakes.

Is there really a secret to sticking to your goals so we don’t have to start over every. single. week?

Not really, but there are things we can do that help make them a reality.

Here are some of my “secrets.” That keep me motivated and driven to reach my goals!

#1 SCHEDULE

IMG_1405[1]

Schedules don’t always go as planned. As a mom of two, TWO year olds, I often end up rearranging my day around play dates, potty accidents, sleeping in, nap time and even those infamous two year old tantrums.

But I still keep a schedule, I write down EVERYTHING, everything I need to do, what I want to do, work, Doctor appointments, gym time, training plans, races I want to do etc... Things happen all the time, but if it doesn’t go accordingly,  I try not to stress if it doesn’t go my way.

Keeping the schedule helps me to feel more in control and organized of my crazy life. I make a to-do list in my planner and I love getting the satisfaction of crossing things off that list each day.

#2 WORKOUT EARLY

IMG_1349[1]

I got used to mid-morning workouts last year, and actually still do enjoy going then sometimes but since my SIL Janey started going to the gym with me we go early because she goes to work. I have actually really enjoyed getting it done first thing in the morning!

That way I don’t have to deal with getting the twins hair done, diapers changed, getting them dressed (they are very particular about their clothing- FYI), Socks, 4 shoes, and breakfast down their throats before heading out the door then dragging/carrying them into daycare. (Which they actually really do LOVE.)

Actually, that seems like a workout in itself doesn’t it?…Hahaha!

I have a lot of fitness related goals and so making sure I get my training in is important to me and going in the morning I find that I am more relaxed during the workout and I spend the time getting things done around the house before the kids wake up. So I  get to spend extra time with these two little fire crackers during the  day.

IMG_1380[1]IMG_1381[1]

{Win-Win}

Also early morning workouts means NO EXCUSES to get my sweat on!

#3 REMINDERS

Reminders never hurt.

In fact I think they are great!

I use post-it notes.

I have an obsession for them! I stick them around my house with reminders of my goals, motivational quotes, and even recipes I find and really want to make.

I have this one on my fridge because I choose to eat clean and every time I see it, it reminds me why I make that choice.

IMG_1404[1]

I stick this one on my computer when I am working or blogging… or studying.

IMG_1403[1]

SET ALARMS!

I set a lot of random alarms sometimes for reminders.

I picked this little tip up from Brent. He has alarms set for random things to remind him to do certain tasks.

Examples: Take Garbage out, turn in paper, pay bills, rub wife’s shoulders…-you know, important things like that.Winking smile.

I only have a few.

IMG_1406[1]

I LOVE my time for bed! I was really slacking on sleep and it was mainly because I would just browse the internet, read a book or get sucked into 3 or 4 episodes of a shows on Netflix.

I set the “Time for bed!” alarm and when it goes off I wrap up what I’m doing and get ready for bed!

 

What is something you want to do this year and how do you plan on making it happen?

Head on over to FITMIXER to enter their monthly giveaway!! They really do have one of the best tasting protein and BCAA that I have ever tasted!! Enter HERE to win some for FREE!

Something random I wanted to share tonight.. It has DUMPED over 30 inches of snow.. I had to take this pic last night…. Can you spot Jukes…?

IMG_1369[1]