creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sparkle clean

This morning I woke up and went straight to the dentist!! I was LONG overdue for a cleaning… I worked as a dental assistant for 8 years prior to having the twins and just stopped working earlier this year. When I was working, I would have a co-worker do my annual cleaning, take my X-rays and have my boss do my dental exam. I haven’t had a cleaning in probably over a year… SHOCKER…

I actually really love getting my teeth cleaned, I don’t mind the dentist probably because I worked in the field for so long. But because I worked as a dental assistant I’m extremely picky about what dentist I go to, I actually have only seen the dentist I work for for the last 15 years.. Crazy, right?!

I expect the dentist to be personable, knowledgeable, thorough, punctual and take time to explain any treatment if needed.

My youngest sister Jessica actually works for a dentist close to my house so today, Brent and I both had appointments for a cleaning and exam.

Brent had ZERO cavities

I came out with ONE.. booo…  I’ll have to go back to get it filled later. Lucky me.

The dentist was great and met all my expectations and the hygienist was wonderful!

I always love getting a new toothbrush from the dentist too!

IMG_9191[1]

After my appointment I went to GPP for the WOD then, ran a few errands- including a Costco run. I couldn’t pass up these ginormous peaches!

IMG_9187[1]

I went home and sliced one up and topped a brown rice cake with almond butter and a few slices.

IMG_9189[1]

I’m already working on my goal!

Pantry.. AKA- food hole is organized!

This took me two hours to gut and clean. I love it!

IMG_9183[1]

I was pretty hungry afterward and was ready for a light snack, before heading to Body Pump.

DSC_0915

I had half a grapefruit and 1 whole egg and egg white with avocado on top of brown rice bread. It was perfect fuel to get me through Body Pump.

I wanted to go for a quick run afterwards but my legs said no. I listened to my legs and went home. I can’t help but love just going on little walks with my fam before bed.

IMG_9180[1]IMG_9181[1]

The sunset was perfect.. I am loving these fall sunsets, I never want them to end… winter is to close for comfort…

IMG_9174[1]

What a great ending to a busy day. I am working out early tomorrow so it is off to bed for this girl.

Question of the Day:

Do you love or hate going to the Dentist?

What is your favorite Season?