creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bear Lake

Right after the Big Cottonwood Marathon I headed home and packed the fam up to spend the rest of the weekend at Bear Lake with some of Brent's family! It is only a 2 1/2 hour drive from our house.
IMG_9399[1]
We spent the day boating and of course had to pick up a Raspberry Shake (extra raspberries)
IMG_9392[1]
I haven’t had a shake, and or real ice cream in forever..(I’m lactose intolerant) so this was absolutely heavenly.Thick and creamy just how I expect a shake to be!  Everyone got a different flavor and we had fun dipping into each others cups to taste all the flavors.
We got all the kids down for bed and the guys were able to finagle a little internet to watch the Utes get killed by ASU and the girls all decided to watch old school Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! I forgot about a few of those one-liners..
willywonka
source
I love old school movies but I am also a narcoleptic when it comes to watching movies at night.. I was out shortly after Violet Beauregarde turned into a blueberry.. Or maybe it was because I woke up at 3:45AM that day..
Anyway, the next day we woke up and I whipped up my latest breakfast of pumpkin oats. Since it was Sunday we pretty much lounged around for awhile just talking and being all lazy like. Which was fine by me because all that running caught up with me and I was pretty much down for the count. I have never hated stairs so much in my life.
DSC_0922
We ended up going to the beach to play for awhile, it was a perfect day! We played catch and splashed around in the water a little bit.
IMG_9435[1]
IMG_9467[1]
IMG_9469[1]
It was a perfect day! –minus the stairs!
Now, its back to work, workouts and real life. Man, I love vacations…
I feel better today! Did the GPP workout and taught pump today! Back to the grind. Winking smile
I’m teaching a 5:30 am Pump class tomorrow so I better get to bed!
Good night!

1 comment:

  1. omgosh...me too (about sleeping through movies)...someone will ask Josh and I if we've seen a movie and I'll look at him like hmmm have I seen that. Turns out I've slept through a lot of movies! Your family is so cute. What a fun trip. The shake sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete