creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekend Re-cap

 

Hey guys! Hope you all had a great weekend! Last night Brent and I were able to get out on a little mini date while his dad hung out with the twinners! We didn’t have very long but since “date nights” seem to be a rare occasion these days so we take every chance we can get! We decided to just go to kneaders. Its right up the street from our house and Brent hasn’t been there yet, its quick and good quality food!

IMG_5024[1]

Brent got the Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Sandwich with broccoli cheese soup. The bread was soft and warm, the turkey was freshly sliced and they sure don’t skimp out on the avocado!  The soup was perfect and not to salty like most restaurant style soups can be sometimes.

I rolled with the Chicken Berry Salad

It had fresh Spinach with grilled chicken,blueberries, purple onions and candied pecans. I ordered it without cheese and  with the raspberry vinaigrette dressing on the side. Bonus: I got to take some home to!

IMG_5025[1]

I’m super picky when it comes to salads and eating out in general but I am always pleased when they are willing to accommodate me and their patience when I ask a million questions. The blueberries were huge and the candied pecans added the perfect crunch! I think next time I will have them replace the chicken with some turkey though. The chicken wasn’t exactly my favorite part of the salad but the turkey on Brent's sandwich was fresh and real turkey! Overall, we both were pleased with our meals and experience there. We will definitely be back for more!

We spent the rest of the night watching

Friday night lights started a few years ago.. but thanks to Netflix we are able to catch up. Brent and I both really like it so far, it has enough football to keep him entertained and some drama for me. Win-Win!

This morning started with a pancake fail.. quickly turned into a tasty creation

{Pumpkin Chia Bars}

 

DSC_0587

Gluten free, low calorie and high protein!

Matched with some spinach and 2 eggs..

Breakfast was served!

DSC_0590

Since this was intended to actually be pancakes.. the bars I think need just a little adjusting for perfection before blog approval. They were just a little on the “moist”--->I hate that word… But I work with it and get it up sometime this week!

However dinner came together without failWinking smile

{Lemon Tilapia}

DSC_0592

This was SOOOO simple to make!

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Lay filet on tinfoil
  • Sprinkle with lemon pepper
  • Place to slices of fresh lemon on top of filets
  • Wrap up filets and place directly on rack
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes!

Voila!

I had some red potato and sweet potatoes and carrots to use before they grew arms and legs so we enjoyed them on the side.

DSC_0593

Classic Sunday Dinner! I forget how much I love fresh steamed carrots! They were delish!

DSC_0594 

Q. Are you a T'.V show series or movie buff?

We are totally T.V show series folk. Its an addiction really.. 24, lost—>major disappointment p.s, Friends, The O.C, Desperate housewives, Greys anatomy —>Okay, those last ones are just me.. I totally bought the seasons of O.C and Friends in high school!

Q.   Are you a picky Restaurant eater?

4 comments:

  1. Horray for the date night!!!! That soup looks aweaome. Ive heard good things about that show but havent watxhed it. We are netflixing our way through modern family right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he! Definitely a TV series gal. Only the short sitcoms though. We don't have anough time ti sit and watch a whole movie. ha! I'm sure you understand. All you food looks delish! :) I want one of those pumpkin chia bars right now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you could say I'm picky when we go out to eat- I know what I want, and I want what I want :P I don't like it when restaurants douse the food with heavy sauces/ butter/ oil so usually I'll ask them to prepare it without... Usually, they don't have a problem doing it, but sometimes I'll run into stubborness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I just finished 3rd season of FNL.
    I love it, and i'll be sad when we are done.

    ReplyDelete