creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Raspberry Pancakes

Its late.. which means its almost breakfast and I know exactly what you should make.
DSC_0602
How could you not.
DSC_0604
I mean raspberries are the best fruit known to man and pancakes are like fluffy, delicious cakey, carby deliciousness..
These ones are actually gluten-free, light, low carb and dare I say… freakin fantastic?
DSC_0601Pin It



Raspberry Pancakes
Makes: 3-4 pancakes
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 C. Coconut flour
  • 2 T. Gluten free rolled oats- may sub normal but obviously won’t be gf.
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 T unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 packet of stevia
  • 1/3 C. Almond breeze unsweetened vanilla milk
  • 1 whole egg
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 T extra virgin coconut oil
  • 1/2 C. (Handful or 2)  Fresh/frozen Raspberries
Directions
  1. Combine all dry ingredients together besides raspberries
  2. Combine all wet ingredients together
  3. Mix together then gently fold in raspberries
  4. Mixture will be thick!
  5. Pour onto hot skillet and cover with lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, these pancakes will not bubble like bisquick. Flip and repeat on the other side
  6. Top with the remaining raspberries you didn’t eat while they were cooking.. and a little almond butter, banana, maple syrup, whip cream, ice cream, chocolate.. I’m being flexible here folks.
  7. Devour. 
DSC_0605
Best breakfast since ever.
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
As I was driving around tonight I started to notice peoples Christmas lights… I love Christmas lights but I have limitations..
Lets chat shall we?
Colored “Christmas lights”?

source
I'm talking the strings of pink, blue, orange, green and red.
3 out of 5 of those colors do not ring Christmas to me..
Really?.. Pink? Valentines
blue and yellow? I don’t even know?
Orange.. Halloween.
Green and red.. sure, that’s Christmas but not with pink, blue, yellow and orange..that’s a party.
I guess it depends on how you actually display it. Colored light bulbs in icicles form stringed around your house.. you just crossed the line.
I more of a simple person.. My favorite combos are red and green, white and blue, red and white.. just plain white is always fancy but you throw in all the colors and I just think you could get away with keeping them up all year around.
Q. What is your favorite Christmas light combos?

6 comments:

  1. I like the plain white or the big bulb red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are to droooool for! what a tease to have to look at pictures of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love raspberries! Unfortunately my husband and children don't like them so I'll be making this recipe for myself. I like that your recipe only makes 3 to 4 pancakes. I won't have to worry about a plate full of leftovers :)

    I love driving and walking around looking at all the pretty christmas lights. I agree that some coloured lights do not really suit christmas. However, I've seen some houses do some really neat and creative things with their lights. I think it all depends on how they use it

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know my favorite Christmas light combo becaus I can't get past the pancakes. Those look soooooo good! :) I have a ton of coconut flour and am going to make these. I can tell you that they won't be near as pretty though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had bfast for dinner last night- egg scrambles and blueberry pancakes :) YUM!

    We got our lights the other night @ Target- ended up with a strand of mulit-colored... Prefer white lights as decorations but colored on the tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. pancakes look so yummy!

    i think i like the multi-colored xmas lights. all white definitely looks pretty..clean looking i guess. but colored has a more 'homey' feel...that prob makes no sense haha

    ReplyDelete