Baking cookies, the smell of cookies baking and Eating cookies…
Not just any cookies..
I was saw some gingerbread men cookies at the grocery store the other day and decided I could make my own healthier, gluten free version of those tasty little men.
After a test run, a few adjustments my mission was accomplished.
Although I didn’t have a little man cookie cutter.. hearts work to right?
- makes 15-16 cookies (depending on cookie cutter and thickness)
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Bake time: 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 Cup Coconut flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 C. Applesauce
- 3 Tbs Ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp. gaur gum
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. Stevia
- 1/3 C. Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ginger
- In one bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients in one bowl
- In another bowl mix the remaining ingredients together using an electric mixer.
- Combine both mixtures together
- Sprinkle a little coconut flour onto part of counter and roll out the dough for desired thickness
- Use cookie cutter or bottom of a cup to cut out your cookie shapes
- Spread on non-stick cookie sheet
- Bake 12-15 minutes depending how thick your cookies are.
Sit next to the fire.. and or your glowing fake candle.., kick your feet up and enjoy.
There is one little man in my life that holds my heart.
And one big man that holds hers.
Have a good night!