creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, December 19, 2011

holiday weekend recap

On Saturday my family had the annual Hale Christmas party. I love my family and I’m very close to all my cousins, aunts and uncles. I love that we do this every year. And it is getting bigger and bigger every year!
My family always knows how to have a good time.
We started with dinner before breaking out the festivities.
IMG_5147[1]
I filled my plate with turkey, veggies, variety of different salads, orange roll and a white roll with raspberry butter. –>homemade rolls are amazing! B helped eat my plate so you know I went back for seconds! After our bellies were full, it was time for entertainment.
Courtesy of buddy the elf.
IMG_5169[1]
aka. My dad!!!!
He stayed in character the entire time. It was hilarious.
We played a few minute to win it games.
Hanging ornaments
IMG_5168[1]
IMG_5171[1]
With your partner or significant other you had to hang 3 ornaments on string without using your hands.
The 2nd game you had to hold a string in you mouth with a red puff ball on the end, put Vaseline on your nose and you have to flip the red puff up to stick to your nose without using your hands.
IMG_5173[1]
The 3rd game you tied a tissue box full of ornaments around your waist and you have to shake your booty. First one to empty the box wins!
IMG_5172[2]Shake shake shake!!
The 4th game I didn’t get a picture of but they had to put a gingersnap cookie on their face and get it in their mouth without using your hands.
These games are sure to make you laugh till you cry!!
Then we had a special visitor!
B wouldn’t sit on Santa's lap but after a minute she warmed up to him.
IMG_5175[1]
IMG_5194[1]
T wasn’t to sure but was happy to get a gift.
IMG_5195[1]
We had a good time hanging out with our cousins!
IMG_5196[1]
This morning I got a quick 5 mile run in before heading over to GPP to complete this workout. – I love team workouts!
IMG_5129[1]
For breakfast I just had some egg scramble with butt load of vegetables.
DSC_0641
5 egg whites, some yellow pepper, green pepper, green beans, onion, avocado and tomato.
DSC_0642
Perfect start to a Monday!!!
Last night I made some whole grain-
 white chocolate cranberry cookies!
---->Recipe will be up later today!
DSC_0648
Q. Do you like team workouts?
Q. What is your favorite “Minute to win it” game?

2 comments:

  1. What a fun celebration!!! Your dad looks so awesome! The games sound hilarious. Yayyy for cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy(your dad) was hilarious. "Santa!..I know him!"

    ReplyDelete