creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Almond Pumpkin Butter

Today has been busy trying to get my to-do list done because we are heading to Lake mead tonight first thing in the morning..for one last summer vacation. We go every year, last year the babies were only 9 weeks old!! So I'm a little more excited this year because I'm not breastfeeding and we don't have to worry about  naptimes, feeding time and .. oh wait.. yes we do.. but not to the extent we did last year.
Lake Mead here we come!!
But I can't go with out leaving you with an amazing nut butter recipe.

{Almond Pumpkin Butter}






Does it get any better?

Ingredients:


  • 1 1/2C. Raw Almonds
  • 1/2 C. Raw Pumpkin Seeds
  • 2 T Maple Syrup
  • 1 T. Maple Syrup
  • 1.5 T. molasses
  • 2 t. Cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. Ginger
  • 1/8 t. Nutmeg
  • 1/2 t. Salt
  • 1 1/2 T. Canola Oil


Directions:

Pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees
Place almonds and pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet
Pour 2 T. Maple Syrup and Molasses and stir
Roast for 30 or so minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until browned
Dump into a blender or your food processor

Add all remaining ingredients
Blend together until desired consistency is achieved
I like it chunky. -- The longer and faster you blend/process it the creamier it will get :)


Its life changing. Really.
Make this. You will thank me later.

I have a few post planned while we are gone on the vaca. So be sure to check back! And ENJOY this last day of summer! 
*note: This was inspired by this lovely lady

Q. Are you a chunky or smooth kind of person? 
Chunky has my heart all the way. I just love the texture of it better.

1 comment:

  1. Have so much fun! This looks delicious. I prefer creamy when i purchase from the store but chunky at home

    ReplyDelete