creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, June 6, 2011

How to eat healthy on the w-end!

Good morning!! I started my morning off with yet another delicious shake that looks not so appetizing.. blueberries + spinach = gray shake.
Gray shake= TASTY!

And enjoyed it while chatting away with my little bf.
miss bed head


I wish I could just freeze time and have her stay this age forever.

In the mix

  • 1 cup almond milk unsweetened vanilla
  • 6 ice cubes
  • 1/2 c blueberries
  • 1/2 c. strawberries
  • 1 tbs almond butter
  • handful of spinach
  • 1 scoop of vanilla whey
  • pinch of gaur gum


As you can tell from my weekend it was a little party weekend and some of you can probably relate to the craziness that comes with a weekend. So I thought I would share some tips on maintaining a clean diet through the festivities!

How to eat healthy on the weekend!

I think that the weekends are the hardest to eat healthy. Due to all the parties, family gatherings, showers, late-nights, date nights. eating out etc. You know what I mean. I will admit I have let myself indulge a little more on the weekends which usually leads to a sluggish Monday. Its a little harder to get going, to get motivated and get things done.

I don't really feel guilty about it, because by indulging, I really don't eat as much sugar, cookies or a whole pan of cake but I eat just more food then normal along with a cookie.. or two:)

I noticed that my performance at the gym had a little less oomph.. and I don't love that dreaded monday slug feeling. I decided to think of a few ways to help me avoid that.

Plan your weekend- Since food is pretty much the center of all activity on the weekend you need to make sure you take a look at your schedule and plan ahead. Which party, or out to eat do you know there will be oppurtunities to indulge.

Pack a healthy treat- Just in case you get to a party and there is limited healthy food at the party. It probably is a little awkward to pull out your apple while everyone is munching on treats so just keep it in your purse and eat it after the party on your way home.

Socialize- Engage in conversation, take pictures, and carry your drink. By keeping your hands and mouth busy it will leave less time to travel back to the food spread or snack on the remaining appetizer.


Eat Breakfast- Just like any other day breakfast is vital to start off a healthy weekend. Make sure it is a fully balanced meal that includes, protein, healthy fats fruits/veggies.


Workout- Rather it be at the gym or a swim, hike, run etc. I like to try different kinds of fitness on the weekends. Especially in the summer, we like to go water skiing, swimming, or hiking!  Make time and get a little workout in.




Q. Do you have any shake recipes that just make them look a little umm.. interesting? 
blueberries and spinach always look gross but taste fantastic!


Q. Whats your weekend fitness like?
After teaching there almost always will be a trip to the pool, lake or the mountains :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that bib! I need that right now (as everything seems to keep collecting on my bump ;)). GREAT tips. I definitely try to plan ahead, bring snacks, look at restaurant menus when I'm going on, indulge a bit and definitely exercise! Spinach always makes smoothies look funky. Weekend fitness usually is body pump and a jog on Fridays, Body Step on Saturday mornings and walks with Josh on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm so with you on the gross looking shakes!! I love adding spinach to mine, and they always look so yummy haha! :P I LOVE your tips!! My Satdee is usually hitting the gym, and Sunday is my long run day!

    P.S. Your baby is ADORABLE!!

    P.P.S. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog!! <3

    ReplyDelete