creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy fathers day.

Ragnar overview post will be tomorrow! The race was amazing! I can't wait to share all the details later, but for now I'm going to focus on today, fathers day!

This is Brents 1st fathers day!! The twinners woke up nice and early.... I ended up taking them downstairs to play while daddy got to sleep a little longer (Still running on less then 5 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours)...
I wanted to surprise him with breakfast in bed, so I collaborated many of his favorite breakfast meals


So many choices! I took a look around in my fridge and decided that a MOUNTAIN MAN breakfast was exactly what my handsome man deserves.
I know right?... I did say mountain...

Did I measure anything? Not really...
That's the thing about making a "mountain man" breakfast.. Mountain men don't use measuring cups! (Does any man ever use a measuring cup?) You just make do with what you have and it works out.  

I diced 3 potatoes and sauteed them in about 2 tbs of olive oil for about 20 minutes, stirring them often, until potatoes were soft.

Every man loves meat. I know mine does but I didn't have bacon/sausage so I used a log of jennie-o lean ground turkey that I seasoned with Brents favorite steak rub!

We picked this up at cabelas awhile ago and it really is delicious! and It also made the turkey taste just like a spicy sausage!  (Its a guy thing, not me thing..)

I sauteed 1/2 of a green pepper, a quarter of purple onion in a capful of olive oil  for about 5-7 minutes before adding 6 egg whites+ 1 yolk. When the eggs were almost done I threw in a diced tomato and a string cheese. 

-Make your Mountain. 
-Carry it upstairs while holding two babies and the camera.. 

Good morning!!! 

Later, after the church thing, we headed up to my dads for dinner!
Can you guess what was served? 
RIBS!!
and of course chicken, salad, potatoes,watermelon....


& drumroll...
CINNAMON ROLLS!!! 



I love my dad and the example he is in my life, he has always been there for me and my siblings and is one of my best friends. 
I love you daddy! (& B does to.)

My parents have an amazing backyard and are always getting little friends walking through... 

can you see her?

Happy Fathers day!! 


1 comment:

  1. How awesome of you to make such a delicious breakfast on little sleep! Glad both your man and dad had a great day! Im excited for the recap

    ReplyDelete