creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

hang loose

Breakfast this morning was a recovery smoothie bowl

Its going to be a hot day and I'm already craving some ice cream.. The shake was perfect post workout treat.


Each and every bite! 


thicker the better. 

1.5 cup almond milk
1/2 frozen banana
4 frozen strawberries
pinch of xanthan/gaur gum
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
small handful of spinach (I finished off the bag)
5-6 ice cubes
1 tbs chia seeds

Last night we got to go play with some GPP crew and we went to the FLOW rider! I have always wanted to do it but never have had the opportunity till now. Its a bit pricey but with a big group you get a hefty discount Win-win!! I was a little worried at first because of my injury.. but I couldn't not do it.. 
{the girls}

I even tried standing up and surfing on the board.. 

Brent couldn't even get a picture before I was wiped out... maybe next time.. 
Today I kind of feel like I got rocked.. You know when you go tubing and the whiplash after effect.. yep. That's me. I must say it was worth it! It was so much fun and I'm glad I got the guts to do it! 

They have flow riders throughout the country and even on some cruise ships! I definitely want to do it again sometime. When you go to a flow rider be sure to wear board shorts, tight swimsuit, (no string bikinis! you'll for sure lose it. ;) & tight tank top. Mine was loose and was all over the place. If you ever get the chance. TAKE IT! It was super. 
Busy day ahead. Peace!

Q. Have you ever done flow rider?







2 comments:

  1. What a delicious breakfast bowl! I have never done the flow rider but that looks like SO much fun! Im not sure they have one in Charleston- I will have to check it out. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done it either, but it looks FUN!!!!
    I'm going to try that smoothie recipe later.

    ReplyDelete