creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Squash and Squished.

 

Workout: GPP, Body Pump

Hey guys! Hope your having a good week so far! Mondays are always a start to chaos around here. Can’t complain though. I’d rather be busy then bored.

Lunch today came quick! I had a spaghetti squash on top of my fridge for the past two weeks and decided it was time to either cook it or throw it.

“Spaghetti” Squash it was.

“Spaghetti” Squash

DSC_0975

To make the “noodles”:

I used a small spaghetti squash- (Larger ones may require more time in the oven)

  • Pre-heat oven to 375
  • Cut Squash in half
  • Scrape out the seeds and “guts”
  • Bake for 30 minutes- the longer you let it bake the softer the “noodles” will be.
  • Scrape out with fork into large bowl

EASY!

Sauce:

I cooked some ground turkey in a skillet with original Mrs. Dash.

Then added half can of this ragu I picked up for sale with a coupon at the grocery store.

IMG_7194[1]

Simple ingredients and $1.00! win-win!

DSC_0974

It was simple but did the trick! I also had some strawberries that went unpictured. They are SO good right now!

Yesterday, I picked up these two little pups.

IMG_7193[1]IMG_7168[1]

Meet Annabelle and Abner!

These are my SIL’s diggity dogs. They went on a vacation and asked if you could watch them for the week.

3 dogs+twins = chaos.

They are getting along with Tikka and the babies just fine! Annabelle is still trying to get along with T. Winking smile

IMG_7185[1]IMG_7179[1]

Last night was their first night here. Annabelle and Abner sleep with their “mom” and “Dad”. I tried to get them to sleep downstairs in tikkas gate but they wanted nothing to do with it. They were all crying.. ALL 3 of them. In late desperation of silence I gave in…

IMG_7164[1]IMG_7163[1]

Yes, 3 dogs, two adults and one baby girl who woke up around 2 AM and wanted the “puppies”… so we were all in one bed.  I squished onto the edge of the bed and slept for maybe 5 hours. When the Bee woke up so did all the dogs.. can you say party?!

I need a bigger bed.

Squashed and squished!

I was able to swing in a nap today while the babies were napping! It felt so good to get a little uninterrupted shut-eye.

Q. Does your pet sleep in your bed?

Q. What was your workout today?

5 comments:

  1. Today was a run with Kay in the stroller- so fabulous! I'm teaching Pump a bundle this week, so it felt good to just run. Cute puppers! How fun/chaotic at the same time. Yes, Frank sleeps with us. And he snores like a mad man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up this morning and our massive 20lb cat was sleeping where my legs should have been, perpendicular to the bed to take up as much room as possible. He seems to do this every time we leave the bedroom door open, so we have to kick the cats out if we want a decent sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spaghetti squash for quick and easy meals :)

    Our 2 dogs absolutely sleep in bed with us. Our little one sleeps on the pillows and our big guy sleeps curled up at the back of our legs. 2 of us + 2 of them in a FULL sized bed. It is chaos.

    I plan on doing an outdoor run after work today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been beautiful outside lately!! I can't wait to get out there!

      Delete
  4. Did the GPP and a little mtn biking. Beautiful day. No pets here. Allergies do no permit.

    ReplyDelete