creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, May 27, 2012

On the road

Yesterday was my first time teaching this week, it felt great to hang out with all my pumpers again. I got to the gym a little early to do part of the GPP workout. This workout is one of my favorites because it has different exercises after a 400m run, it makes the workout go by fast! I only had enough time to 1 round of it. It felt great to get moving before having to sit in the car for a few 5 hours.

Breakfast

For Breakfast, I came home and my stomach was grumbling. I reached into my cupboard to grab some PB and it was practically empty.  Peanut Butter  & Co. Makes some amazing PB. The jar always go quick in our house. There was just enough left in the jar for some oats!

IMG_7323[1] 

I took 1/2 C. of Gluten free rolled oats (I used bobs red mill oats)

A little bit of water and popped it into the microwave for 1 minute.

Mixed in a few raisins and 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder

The remaining amount of white chocolate PB added the perfect amount of flavor to the oats!

IMG_7322[1]

I had my go-to shake of the week on the side to because the twinners decided they wanted some oats as well. After I had a few bites I surrendered it to the twins. Pretty sure moms have to share every meal regardless of what is on their plate..or…. jar.

We decided to head to warmer weather for the 4 day weekend- St. George!! Brent's mom and her husband have a condo in St. George and invited us down for some fun in the sun. The weather is supposed to be great this weekend so we packed up after the twinners nap and hit the road.

2 kids and dogs

IMG_7328[1]IMG_7329[1]

Who do you think had the most fun?

IMG_7327[1]

Poor Tikka gets a little motion sickness.. between her barfing and the restlessness of the twins it was a loooong ride. We had lots of snacks and toys to keep us busy. I however came to one conclusion.

We need a TV in our car. Keeping two 22 month olds entertained for a 5 hour road trip can be a little tricky… Peek-a-boo anyone?

 

I didn’t have to time to pick up snacks at the store I took the remaining produce out of our fridge and we had some healthy snacks to go!

IMG_7338[1]

 

  • Fruit leathers
  • Almonds with Raisins
  • Grapes
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Peppers
  • Celery

Dinner

We stopped for dinner, at Wendy’s right off the freeway.

IMG_7336[1]

I ordered the berry salad, it was topped with mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken, blueberries, strawberries and came with a raspberry vinaigrette and roasted almonds.

IMG_7337[1]

The trip took us a little longer then expected, but we pulled up right on time for bedtime! We got the kids settled and spent the night chatting up until I started nodding off.

The fam is all starting to wake up! Time for some breakfast! Then we have some fun hiking plans for the day.

Be back later,  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be you get some funny looks doing those workouts at a "normal" gym.

    Have a fun trip. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete