Last night, I planned on taking my first stab at a cauliflower crust pizza. Not really knowing what to expect, I kind of just rolled with the punches. When it came down to toppings I was really craving a BBQ Chicken Pizza but I had already purchased some veggies for a Chicken Veggie Supreme. I decided to split the recipe and make 2 mini pizzas! Then I could eat a quarter of each feel satisfied and content with that hard decision to have to just pick one.
Pizza for two it was! Well. and two crazy 20 month olds.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 2 C. Steamed Cauliflower
- 1/2 C. Almond Meal/Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs. Extra virgin Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 450
- Steam Cauliflower and mash with a fork (Or throw it in your food processor- I hate cleaning mine so to keep it simple I just mashed it with a fork)
- Add Almond meal, eggs and coconut oil. Mix until well combined
- On pizza pan or I just used your basic cookie sheet and make one or TWO pizza crust by smashing it into a circle for your desired thickness
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
- Remove and add toppings!
- Favorite BBQ sauce (Check out the label for HFCS)
- Goat Cheese
- Purple Onion
- Diced Grilled Chicken
Chicken Veggie Supreme
- Pizza Sauce
- Goat Cheese
- Purple onion
- Diced Tomato
- Red Pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Diced Chicken
After you top your pizza toss it back in the oven for 12 minutes!
They turned out surprisingly well and the twinners each ate 2 slices! They love their veggies! Although, I couldn’t really eat it without making a complete mess, so I sliced it and ate it with a fork. Next time Ill go for a thicker crust.
This pizza was very FILLING! I didn’t even finish it. On the bright side, lunch is calling my name right now.
***I’m still receiving questions from my paleo experience I hope to collect them and get another post up about it tonight along with a St. Paddy’s treat! So let me know if you have a thought or question for me regarding paleo.
Q. Favorite Pizza?
Q. When I eat pizza ______BETTER NOT be on it!
Pineapple! Blech. I am not a fan of fruit on pizza.. kind of like putting salt on fruit. It’s a no-go for me!