creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Just eat repeat

hey hey! Today, was day 2 of the whole 30 challenge. It was a little bit tougher then day 1. I prepared a few staples on Sunday and I am SO glad I did. Its days like today, that are just GO, GO, GO.

I used most the staples in yesterdays meals and pretty much had the leftovers for today!

Breakfast- 1/2 frozen banana with AB (unpictured), 3 egg whites, asparagus, red pepper, purple onion with half of a sweet potato and half grapefruit.

DSC_0905

After running errands all day, and completing this workout—I LOVE strength days!!  I came home quick and had a green smoothie for recovery.

DSC_0801

Lunch was sometime between a visit to the park and 2 loads of laundry!

IMG_6301[1]

I came home hungry and ready for to eat a horse.. but chicken is easier to cook.

DSC_0908

A sweet potato and spinach salad with cucumbers and tomatoes on the side. I had another apple with about a tbsp. of almond butter while it the chicken was baking.

DSC_0912

I baked the chicken after sprinkling some Caribbean Mrs. Dash on top at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

IMG_6300[1]

I taught a fun kids class and went off to get a quick workout with my SIL again! Two days in a row! I love working out with her! She is one tough chick to! We worked out at her husbands gym. It was a good mish mash of some TRX, RIP and DB work. I haven’t ran at all since Saturday and missing it! It warmed up today and I was really craving a good run, but still taking it easy on my hip/foot.. all stemming from my sciatic nerve.. 800 mg of IBU should take care of it… right? oh, yes, and stretching, foam rolling and my least favorite.. REST.

Anyway.. When I got home I wanted to get some protein in my system asap. So, I warmed up some chicken, through together some salad from yesterdays lunch and munched on some blackberries.

DSC_0907

It was definitely an eat right, by repeat kind of day.

Now, its time to go relax with the hubby and talk him into rubbing my hip/butt. TMI? I don’t care what you think.. its all about recovery.

Tomorrow is going to be a marathon day.. 3 classes, GPP and a run.. Rest? Thursday..

Q. Can you guess my staples in my fridge???

 

*PB2 giveaway ends tomorrow! Enter here!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are allowing a protein suppliment as well! I think my protein powder was starting to feel neglected! I seriously already feel better and it is only day 3! I was originally only doing this for a week, but I think I can do the whole 30 days!

    Keep up the awesome posts!

    ReplyDelete