creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Banana pancake Casserole

Sunday mornings are by far my favorite. We take our time in getting up and getting ready, in fact its 10 am and I am still in my pajamas, aren't you? 
You know that guy Jack Johnson and his song banana pancakes. Yes, that was my inspiration for this morning breakfast.




 Although it wasn't raining outside... and we didn't wake up to early.. It is the weekend and I'm going to pretend it is all the time just so I can make these. 


`


With what I first intended to actually be Pancakes took a fail.. They didn't hold together as well as I intended so I decided to just throw the batter in a 8x8 pan.. and call it a banana pancake casserole. Jack- I bet you didn't see this comin' did ya'! 


Banana Pancake Casserole





You will need:



  • 1 C. Coconut flour
  • 2 1/4 C. Almond milk vanilla unsweetened
  • 2 scoops Vanilla Elite protein
  • 1/4 C. Agave nectar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of Baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 banana cut in half. Use one half for batter and half for topping
  • 1/4 C. sliced almonds for topping
Pre-heat oven to 350 

As usual, or maybe I'm just lazy today.. I threw all the ingredients in my blender besides 1/2 of a banana and almonds. (Makes for easy clean up)
oh, I'm so domestic.


Pour batter into 8x8 pan 


Top with sliced banana and almonds


Bake for 40 minutes

Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, by few I really mean 3. Cause you just waited 40 minutes and if your anything like me, I need food ASAP when I wake up! 


Top it off with your favorite coconut syrup, jam, or nothing because they are that good.


So even as this recipe was created differently then I  intended.. It turned out perfectly. Now my belly is full and I have come to the realization that I have to be at church in T-minus 30 minutes and we are all in our pajamas still with banana pancakes on our face. Is to late to just pretend like there is no need to go outside and just go back to bed and lay here lazy? 
Not in this life.. :) 

Have a fabulous Sunday! 

Q. Did you ever make something that didn't turn out quite as you planned but was absolutely decadent? 


 






3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to make this sometime this week/ weekend! It sounds delicious :) I wonder if I can substitute peanut flour for the protein powder since I don't use it? Approximately how much is a "scoop"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do u have any idea on the nutritional stats of the banana pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I was a child, I always love Banana pancakes! My mom usually makes these pancakes during weekend but she didn't put sliced almond toppings in her pancakes. I will give her this recipe and maybe she will adopt some of your ingredients. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete