creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, August 8, 2011

Chocolate-Coconut Shake

This morning actually went as planned! Last week I decided that during training season I'm going to move my "long runs" to Mondays instead of Saturday, due to the fact that by Saturday, I am tired from the whole week! This was a great idea and will be my intention for future training but as I set out to hit the pavement this morning I realized that my "long run" will be this weekend, oomph. Since this race starts Friday, I took it slow and ended up completing 6 miles!

Post Run I was ready for breakfast and decided a smoothie would be perfect! Saturday we had some fro-yo and I couldn't get one of the flavors out of my mind! Chocolate-Coconut was SO good and I just had to recreate it. If your new to the blog.. I tend to have Chocolate for breakfast..Its good for the soul mmmk?

{Chocolate-Coconut Protein Shake}

  • 1 scoop of Chocolate Protein
  • 2 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa
  • 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
  • 1 tsp coconut flavoring

  • 5-6 ice cubes
  • Pinch of xanthan/guar gum (these are just thickening agents)- optional



SUCCESS! It tasted very similar to my favorite flavor of fro-yo! In fact, I drank it to fast and wanted to make another one!! But opted for piece of "Banana Pancake Casserole"




I started folding laundry while watching the morning news and then had a little "help."
"mom, you fold and we will unfold" ;)

GPP workout was all about push ups and tris today! I used to hate push ups.. now I actually crave them! Especially these push ups! 
Have you ever done a spartan pushy?-- my favorite!  or how about a dive bomber? Check them out! They are fabulous and your significant other may find the dive bomber to be H.O.T... haha! TRY THEM! 
My little bro even came to the workout today and he totally rocked the workout! I think he is hooked cause he asked if he could go tomorrow! 
Body Attack tonight was fun because my friend from Connecticut was in town and was able to come sweat it out with me! She also blogs! She is amazing! 
We came home to enjoy yet another post recovery shake.

Cheers!! (yes, we are dorks and self-timed this photo just for you)


Smoothies never get old in the summertime~ 

It was a busy day, and I promise I actually ate some food not in shake form.. but seemed to have escaped the camera...oops.
We were supposed to play a little softball tonight but the babies were ready for bed and we ended up bailing-- happy, sleepy babies > softball fun I guess.. Since when do babies set your schedule? Oh, Ya.. since birth:)

Q. Whats your FAVORITE Frozen Yogurt Flavor?
I use to be a just plain tart fan but Chocolate Coconut has beat it out. Besides RED MANGO of course..