creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

GPP explained


Hey friends! This morning started out early with a Body Pump class at the gym and the GPP workout.  I love both, but now my legs are sore! And its only 9 am. Should make my open water swim/bike ride fun. (if the weather cooperates) Its been a little rainy the past few days!

WHAT is GPP? 
 I frequently get emails asking me this question. I have done a short explanation here. But lets elaborate..

GPP stands for GENERAL PHYSICAL PREPARDNESS

Every exercise mimicks everyday movement. If you think about it, every exercise is going to make you stronger in some aspect of your everyday life. Whether you are involved in sports, dance or just striving to be stronger individual.
As a mother I see the relation while
Lifting my babies
Carrying my bag
Taking the groceries in the house
Walking
And doing it all at the same time so I don't have to take more then one trip from the car ;) Ha!

Its all about finding a balance. Not just in the gym but LIFE! Nobody says it better then Neil himself...

"GPP Fitness training is blindly focused on helping you achieve optimal health.
To become "optimally healthy," we believe you must have balance across ALL aspects of health (mental, emotional, spiritual, social, PHYSICAL and financial).
GPP Fitness's unique training method is the most complete, effective, efficient, and safest way for you to achieve balance over all ten aspects (cardiovascular endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, agility, coordination, balance and accuracy) of PHYSICAL health. This type of training is the fastest way to decrease bodyfat and improve all aspects of health while improving fitness across broad time and modal domain. In other words, through proper exercise and nutrition you will be completely fit for the long and short term while being supremely capable of the known and unknown physical stressors and challenges your life may present.
It is not lost on us that many who enter within strive for more than improved PHYSICAL presence and capacity. We believe with mastery of the physical you will have new skill sets that you can use to become more successful across all other aspects of "optimal health.""


Click here for the FAQ's

What to expect when you walk in the door-

A hey, how are ya, quick introduction to the show and right into the workout you'll go!

You will see the WOD (workout of the day) written on the board, A quick explanation will be given AND SHOWN to you to guarantee you a safe and effective workout. Depending on the WOD whether it be for time, on your own time, or strength challenge you will know what to expect and how to perform each movement.
This was today's WOD


Notice the board has the workout on one half and the other half is where you sign your name and your time/weights, etc. people even get creative sometimes...


source

Since I became part of GPP I didn't just become a "member" of a gym but I became part of a gym family. We all have related goals and strive to achieve optimal health- we are not there for competition, you will not feel judged or intimidated. This isn't a gym full of meat heads or poppin princess's (you know what I'm talking about.) Every level of fitness is welcome. Everyone has to start somewhere. Why not get the support from friends along the way. Even if you don't live close to the gym or out of state, the workouts are posted here, everyday! FOR FREE!  Try a workout and make a comment! Become part of something great. You won't regret it.
My body has changed, and it do so in just a few short months since I started at GPP. Progress pics here-

With each workout you will feel accomplished and paired with a healthy diet plan you can reach your fitness goal.


;)


Post-workout I came home and was craving a smoothie bowl! I haven't had one forever and it was time to have ice cream for breakfast again.


In the blend


  • 1 1/2 C. Almond Milk
  • 3 frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 frozen banana 
  • 2-3 ice cubes (if needed to thicken)
  • 1 scoop of chocolate protein (I meant to use vanilla..but dumped the chocolate before I noticed.) 
  • 2 handfuls of Spinach 
Dump in a bowl and eat with a spoon. Yum! 



Time to face the garden.. Yes, I know its August and summer is almost over here in Utah but its starting to resemble a jungle and I can't tell the difference between a flower, small tree or WEED!?
Wish me luck?!

Q. What do you love most about your gym? 
I'm part of several gyms but I enjoy a friendly atmosphere. Why go somewhere to do a grueling workout if you actually "gruel" going?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I was going over the FAQ and on one they say to take a baseline before you start and they refer to a link on the homepage you can go to for tips and instructions on how to do so. But I can't find it. At all lol Is there any way you could possibly do a post? Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete