creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Salmon Cakes

Things are getting a little fishy up in here.

I was up till the wee hours of the morning watching cartoons about killer mayonnaise?? For reals. that is all I got out of it.

If you are wondering what your kids are watching.. the mayonnaise never" ketched" up. to the mustard.

T was up with his molars breaking through and I spent the time trying to figure out who made up that crazy cartoon.
"cheese mom!" Its playtime!

Breakfast came quick and there was no mayonnaise involved.
But there was fish.

Salmon Cakes


Ingredients


  • 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil- divided
  • 1/4 C. onion chopped finely 
  • 1 stalk celery diced
  • 2 tbsp Parsley
  • 1 1/2 C. Salmon (canned salmon will work also)
  • 1 lrg egg beaten
  • 1 1/2 tsp mustard
  • 1 3/4 C. Almond Meal
  • 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper


Directions
Pre-heat oven to 450
In a skillet heat 1 1/2 tsp olive oil in skillet with onion and celery until cooked then add parsley

Flake salmon in a bowl

add egg, mustard, onion mixture, Almond meal and Pepper.

Mix well



Shape into patties


 and cook on skillet until black golden brown (I was a little pre-occupied)



Then bake for 15-20 minutes!

I ate 2. and yes, that is a grapefruit in the backround not a basketball and I ate more then half...



Salmon cakes for breakfast.. and lunch? Probably. Hold the mayonnaise. 
I got some mustard. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I've always hated mayo and miracle whip. Lately I sub plain greek yogurt for things that call for mayo, sour cream or even cream (for soups).
    Little Man looks so cute and grown up with his new hair-cut!

    ReplyDelete