creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, August 5, 2011

{Cookie monster}


Its Friday night.. and I'm officially in a cookie coma. I have an obsession with chocolate.. but you knew that.. mainly chocolate shakes, chocolate pudding and of course dark chocolate chips, 


Besides eating them by the handful,  I will admit I have a weakness for making cookies and inhaling them straight from the oven.. is there anything better? Sure, I may be sick later from overdose of chocolate and flour.. but I'm going to bed soon so its alright.. I will just have never ending dreams of me dressed like the cookie monster and double fisting cookies into my mouth.

I bet you want some cookies to. Am I right? C'mon, its Friday night and its never to late to celebrate!
Yay!! cookies!


{Chocolate Chip Cookies}


You will need:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup oat flour (ground rolled oats)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 egg whites 
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 2 cups dark chocolate chips 
Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a medium bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a large mixing bowl, add the yogurt and sugar together. Add two egg whites, then the milk. Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. 
mix well

Try to resist the urge to just eat the dough by the spoonful, because we all know we are as guilty as the next person when it comes to eating raw cookie dough.



Shape into round balls and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.


oh, dough balls, drooooool...


Bake 12-14 minutes or until browned around the edges. 


Again, resist the urge to eat them too soon to avoid scalding your tongue with chocolate. But 2 minutes should do the trick..


Then when they have cooled and you know you ate to many...  stack them up.. and pour some milk to dunk them in because that just makes them that much better. 
One serving size is equal to the height of your glass of milk.. right?..

But then you realize that you ate to much dough and you only have enough cookies to fill one plate in which your actually supposed to bring two to a party later.. 

Don't turn your back for one second.. These cookies cannot be unguarded.... 
the cookie monster- "me like cookies mommy!"

Yes, that just happened.. At least I know she is learning something from watching me.. cookies anyone?




2 comments:

  1. How much butter? I'd like to try the recipe but I think you forgot that ingredient in the recipe :) Then I won't feel bad for eating healthier cookies than normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I Love that your peanut shares your your love of cookies

    ReplyDelete