creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A berry good morning!

Hey friends! This morning started out early once again. I wanted to get another bike/run brick in. This is the one transition I'm a little worried about, for some reason biking and going straight to running is tough. But today I completed 10 on my bike and got off, did a quick stretch and did a 3 mile run and felt great! It wasn't as hard this morning as it has been in the past. I did however take the bike a little slower, because it was 5 am and the sun wasn't up and riding fast in the dark is a little scary, but by the time I set out on the run the sun was starting to peek up and it was perfect for the run.

Post workout I whipped up a "berry" good recovery shake!

BERRY GOOD SHAKE

Yields 1 serving 
Prep time: 5 minuts

  • 1.5-2 Cups Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 3 strawberries frozen/fresh
  • 1/2 Cup Raspberries frozen/fresh
  • 1/2 Cup Blueberries frozen/fresh
  • 1 tbsp Flax seed
  • 1 heaping scoop of vanilla protein
  • 1 handful of spinach

Throw the first 4 ingredients into blender

Then add the rest 


and Blend and add Ice for additional thickness if you used fresh fruit, I used frozen so I only added about 4 ice cubes! This shake was SO good! Its been a long time since I've had a berry shake! I have been on quite the chocolate kick lately;) I think I'll be enjoying these more often! I forget how tasty berries are in a shake, and because I'm out of chocolate protein;)

Off to get the babes a bath! I'll be back later with a GIVEAWAY!! Be sure to check back! This is one YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS!!! 

loves!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the transition felt better today!! And unsweeted vanilla almond milk is my go to in shakes too! I think it really makes them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely use anyhing for post workout. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete