creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, August 22, 2011

The final countdown

You know its going to be a good day when your alarm goes off at 4:30am and a minute later you get a text..


Getting up to jump in a pool at 5am is a whole lot easier when you have friends that are there motivating you to get your trash out of bed. I voted to take a pic.. but how many friends would be willing to let me take their pic at 5am with a cap and goggles on and display it on the blog? Seriously? I just don't understand.. ;)
I had 3 friends today at the pool! It was fun to swim and take a break here and there to talk about technique and watch each other and give tips to help us since this week is the final countdown before we tackle the beast.
We all came to the conclusion that we will just take it easy and get through it. As I was swimming I was singing the final countdown in my head.. for some reason the week of a big race I feel as if training time is crucial and its time to really get in focus.
We completed 1500 yards. Wahoo! Swim distance achieved! I feel as if my swimming as improved over the last few months and it's no longer completely exhausting. I used to swim 400 yards and would have to stop! Now, to just do one more open water and I think I'll be ready ;) I was planning on a bike after the swim but the hubs had to go track down a deer!! More on that later..

BREAKFAST

Breakfast this morning was half a banana with AB pre-swim and then a few of these pancakes re-heated from breakfast yesterday, with the rest of the banana with a dollop of almond butter.



Now B the troll.. is ready for some food.
Mom, I look like a troll.. fix my hair! and give me some food!

Duty calls! :) Oooo.. I love her!

They don't mean it...


You know when you run into someone you haven't seen for awhile and their name is automatically "Oh hey....you" 
Then you have a really awkward conversation as your mind is speeding trying to remember who this person is? Yes, this happens every so often..


But here are a few other circumstances in life you will fall upon and how to deal with things they say but don't really mean.


-someone tells you they like your shirt. you reply with "aww thanks! i like yours too!"
not real.

- you meet someone for the first time and say "i think i've met you before.."
but what you should say is... "i've stalked your facebook before"

- your man is annoying, and asks if you are ok. you say "im fine."
it really mean, "no bro, i'm not ok, thanks to you."

- if you recieve this text.. "hey sorry, who is this? i got a new phone."
it's their way of saying, sorry dawg.. i never saved your number.

- mom asks what time you got home last night, you tell her 1 am.
when the real answer is 4:15 am.

-Your sister asked if you have seen her new pair of true religion jeans? You tell her no, but you wore them last night.. then secretly stash them till she leaves and then shove them under her bed.

- someone never calls you or texts you back, and the next day they say "sorry, i was sleeping."
 but it really translates to, "sorry i was with another chick/dude."

- an unfamiliar person pokes you on facebook..
a. you should immediately delete it.
b. what they are trying to say is "message me your number and lets meet up in the dark parking lot of a grocery store."
 


- Someone tells you need to eat a burger or something- In reality they just feel the need for you to join them in feeling fat to justify for their poor diet. 


-Someone asks you how you are feeling? Were you up late last night?  - this translates to you look tired and crappy get some rest, maybe brush your hair.


-Someone asks you if you know "so and so" and you say yes, but in reality you just befriended them on facebook and went through all their pics.


Q. What are some "they don't mean it" convos you deal with?




catch ya later!

2 comments:

  1. How awesome that you have a friend to hold you accountable! I need one of those. :-) And oh my word, that hair. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so many of those are so true!

    A big "they don't mean it" I've heard: [boyfriend] "Are you okay?" [girlfriend] "I'm fine."... AKA I'm not fine but I wish you knew what was wrong and could fix it... Sometimes I wish boys had ESP :P

    ReplyDelete