creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, August 15, 2011

vanilla almond granola

Hey!! Hope you all had an "epic" weekend as I did! The race was amazing! The epic relay, honestly was my favorite relays of all time! I will do an entire re-cap as soon as I can gather my thoughts and all 8,996,093 pictures. The day of the race I whipped up some vanilla almond granola to fuel my team through the finish line. It was a huge hit and there wasn't an oat left behind.

                                                        {Vanilla Almond Granola}

You will need:

  • 2 Cups Old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 C. Agave Nectar or Honey
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
  • 1/2 C. Roasted almond butter
  • 1/2 C. Slivered Almonds

How to:

Pre-heat oven to 350
Heat up almond butter for about 10-15 seconds in microwave, - this makes it easier to stir
Mix all ingredients into one bowl
Spread onto a cookie sheet
Bake for 10 minutes
Stir it around and back for an additional 3-5 minutes
Let cool and ENJOY!

I love this granola and is the perfect on the go snack, post-workout, or even a movie theater snack!




Exciting news!!! My blog hit 100 followers!!! I am estatic and so grateful for all of you and your love and support that you show me! So I am planning a fun GIVEAWAY to celebrate!! Stay Tuned!!
More good news.. My husband bought a new laptop!! Yay!!!! I have been having issues with this one, or this one just hates me.. So I am so very excited to welcome it into the family. Hopefully, its not as temperamental as this one.. ha!
Have a good day!!


1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to hear more about the weekend! Granola looks great-ive never tried the protein powder addition. Whoop to a new laptop

    ReplyDelete