creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola

Happy Tuesday!

Today was one of those days that just FLEW by.

Brent and I stayed up late watching Breaking Bad and lets just say, that kind of show makes me have crazy nightmares. Probably the same reason I can’t watch the walking dead.

Anyway, I slept in a little and headed to the gym a little later then usual today. I wore my Ogden marathon tee in honor of the Boston bombing yesterday.

IMG_3063[1]

I started walking, and all the TV’s at the gym had the news on that were showing pictures of the aftermath of the whole thing, and I just broke down a little. My heart breaks for the family that lost the little boy. The whole thing is just sad. I posted this on my facebook page this morning and  it rings true.

boston

Whoever planted those bombs better watch their backs. Us, runners are resilient.

My walk turned into a run/walk. I covered 5 miles before calling it good.

IMG_3060[1]

I love that skills has a camera where I can watch T&B play the whole time.

IMG_3059[1]

I love watching those two play together. They really never leave each others sides.

I have taken two whole weeks off of strenuous exercise or 2 to 3 a dayers. I’m starting to feel really good. Today was the first day in a LONG time that my run didn’t feel forced. REST IS GOOD!

I’m craving a good GPP workout and the workout today didn’t help. I actually love this sweat in the eyeballs, almost yak feeling workout.

After the gym I came home to play in the kitchen.

pbCHOCgranola

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE GRANOLA

DSC_0339

Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 C. Natural Peanut Butter
  • 2 Tbs.PB2 Powder mixed in water
  • 2 scoops of Chocolate Protein
  • 2 TBSP Ground Flax Seed
  • 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
  • 2 TBSP Coconut oil {melted}

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Mix all ingredients together in a a medium sized bowl until well combined

DSC_0336

Spread out on a cookie sheet

DSC_0337

Bake for 10 minutes

Let cool completely before inhaling it. Because you will. It’s addictive.

DSC_0341

Have a great night y’all!

Brent and I need a feel good TV show to watch together.. what is your favorite?