creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, April 21, 2013

16 layers of Jell-o and My breakfast everyday.

 

Good morning! Happy Sunday!

My breakfast this WHOLE week has been a oatmeal frenzy! I’m a huge fan of oatmeal because it is SO versatile. You can throw anything in the mix and fill satisfied for the entire morning!

DSC_0348

Eating breakfast is SO important! You should eat your breakfast within a half hour of waking up to ensure a revved metabolism that is essential to burn fat and not to mention feel energized and ready for whatever your day may bring.

To make my oatmeal, I measure a 1/2 C. Rolled oats and 3/4 C. of egg whites into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 3 minutes in the microwave.

Then I get all crazy up in here with my mix-ins.

  • Chia seeds
  • Strawberries
  • Flax seeds
  • 1 Tbs. of coconut oil
  • Stevia liquid drops
  • Protein PB2 drizzled on the top!

Carbs, Protein, Healthy fats, and omegas all in one bowl!

Perfect breakfast if you ask me!

DSC_0349

Yesterday, started bright and early! It was launch weekend at one of the gyms I teach at. We launched combat and then I taught body pump. We had a packed house for both classes! Got to love it. I even grabbed some free yogurtland they were handing out on my way out the door!

IMG_3125[1]

It was also the SLC marathon yesterday! The weather was dreadful. It was raining, hailing, windy and really just not the greatest conditions that you would want to race in. I was so impressed and inspired by all those that ran it. I sold my bib about a month ago because I have a vacation next weekend and couldn’t miss work two weeks in a row.

I had several friends run the marathon, even a couple who ran Boston on Monday!

At the expo they had this banner that all the runners could sign to send to Boston.IMG_3132[1]

If you look close you can tell there is not ONE inch left on it. THAT is cool.

My friend Walker ran the entire marathon holding the American flag!

553968_10151859257767892_1522654981_n

{Thanks for the pics Liz!}

Runners do not back down! Despite the casualties in Boston, we do not let them weaken us, it made us STRONGER!

UNITED WE STAND!

Afterwards, I didn’t even have time to shower {what’s new?} before we had to be at a birthday party! My friends little girl turned ONE! So we headed to celebrate and I couldn’t get over the amazingness that is this 16 LAYER JELL-O.

IMG_3128[1]

You would have to be that most patient person on earth to make it. In fact, my friends mom made it and she takes care of T and B for me while I work so I KNOW she has the patience of a saint. Maybe one day, I’ll test mine through Jell-o. Probably not though. When it comes to food there is no such thing.Winking smile

IMG_3126[1]

The kids ate their Jell-o on the floor… It was a jammin party and I didn’t want them to drop anything on carpet so they partied there. They didn’t seem to mind.

I ate lunch when I got home..and it was weird.

Eggs, Spinach, sweet potato with avocado and a sweet potato with protein PB2 on top!

IMG_3134[1]

I accidently added to much liquid to my PB2and it looks more like soup then syrup but eh, whatever it still tasted good.

Later in the day, we went for a walk and bee was all ready to go with her cat hat.

IMG_3141[1]

My SIL came with us!

IMG_3143[1]

Then of course we decided we needed fro-yo post walk. Mainly because I didn’t get to eat the Yogurtland earlier because it hurts my stomach, and I couldn’t get it off my mind so we headed to my favorite fro-you.

RED MANGO!

They recently came out with RASPBERRY SORBETTO and I tell you this stuff is dreamy!

It is GF, SUGAR FREE, and DAIRY FREE and only sweetened with stevia which makes it 10-15 calories an ounce. Not to mention that its packed with probiotics that make my tummy happy!

IMG_3148[1]

I dug right in, This stuff is creamy! I obviously couldn’t get enough because I bought a quart to take home.

IMG_3150[1]IMG_3149[1]

I filled it a little high…”on accident.” Someone couldn’t keep her little fingers out of it either!

IMG_3145[1]IMG_3146[1]

B and T can’t get enough of the good stuff!

It was a great way to wrap up the day!

Do you eat fro-yo post workout too?

Who else’s inner “fat kid” buys a QUART of fro-yo to take home too?

Did you run/race yesterday?!