creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Turkey Spinach Enchiladas

 

I made these Turkey Spinach Enchiladas for my family on Sunday and they loved them!! I was surprised because it was just a quick meal I threw together with whatever I had on hand! It worked out great and that’s all that matters right?!

DSC_0156

turkeyspinach2

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Dice your meat or prepare your ground turkey.

DSC_0145

I have to use up this big beauty, and it worked perfectly! I cut it into squares and threw it in a large bowl.

DSC_0147

In the bowl went the 1/2 Cup of cheese, spinach, kidney beans, greek yogurt, diced pepper and onions.

DSC_0148

Mix it all together

DSC_0149

Grab your tortillas

DSC_0150

And fill them up! I did about a cup in each tortilla, I didn’t really measure just spooned it in!

DSC_0151

I filled them to the max cause only 6 tortillas fit into my pan. The recipe will make enough for 8 but if you stuff them full you get six.

DSC_0152

Leftovers are good though! Especially in my house, my husband appreciates it. Winking smile

DSC_0154

I made a packet of enchilada sauce and poured it on half of the tortillas and topped them all with the rest of the cheese, you can use more cheese or less or none. Whatever floats your boat really.

Bake for 20 minutes

DSC_0156

Let cool for about 10 minutes before you serve!

I cut some avocado on top and an extra dollop of plain greek yogurt for the hubs and he LOVED them and so did the twins! Win-win!

I use plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream! It taste just like it, has similar texture and is packed with extra protein!! Can’t go wrong with that!

This is a perfect meal on a busy night! It doesn’t take long at all to throw together and I promise it will be a hit in your house too!

FYI:

I’m picking a winner tomorrow for the red mango giveaway!!

Have you entered yet?

Question of the Day?

Mexican food Yay or Nay? What is your fave?