Today kind of FLEW by.
Probably because I was busy all day but hardly productive.
Does that count as a busy day?
I started my day at GPP but got maybe 2% of the workout done.
This week I’m taking a recommended break from GPP and just working one muscle group at a time and let the other groups completely recover before working them again. Which I have never actually done before.. its actually hard for me to do since I teach body pump and would rather always do a GPP workout.
But the idea is to give my body a break from high intensity training this week and see how my body responds. Breaks are good every once in awhile. Right? It has been a LONG time since I have taken a whole week off of GPP workouts, so even though I worked out today, and yesterday.. I feel almost like I didn’t work out… weird.
Anyway, today was back day.
I actually started my day at GPP because part of the workout was pullups and chinups which were actually part of my workout from Porter at THF anyway! I got about 1 set of each done.. lots of talking today. It happens.
I headed across the street to skills and ran into some other instructors and a few members that took my body pump class and chatted with them for a bit so once I actually got to my workout I didn’t have much time, so I flew through a pretty intense back workout that included
- Cable rows
- Lat pull down
- Feet on ball-lying pullup: WAY harder then I anticipated.. I used the smith machine and lowered it down to about my belly button tossed my feet on a ball and with my arms out wide, pulled my chest to the bar..
- Dumbbell row- Favorite back exercise! I worked up to a 50lb pull today!
- Pull-ups- Had absolutely nothing left for these.. I was suppose to do sets of 10 but could only hack 3 at a time.. My back was DONE.
Then wrap it up with some AB work. – pikes, planks, and hanging leg raises.
and I’m pretty sure I will be feeling it tomorrow. In fact, pretty sure I can feel it settling in right now…
I love working back.
My calluses on my hands don’t.. but they will get filed down asap!
Post workout I had a quick shake and went home for breakfast!
I’m still following a pretty strict diet plan but I really do look forward to this bowl of oats every morning!
Somebody asked me how I make my oatmeal every morning and its kind of crazy, but simple as it gets.
Oatmeal The Easy Way
First combine the following into one bowl:
- 1/2 C. Old fashioned rolled oats (I use bobs red mill-gluten free)
- Water- (I probably use about a cup) –
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
Stir it together and toss it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t overflow. You may have to stir and keep it cookin until the egg is cooked.
- Then I dump cinnamon in it. (I don’t measure it. I literally dump it in.) I love cinnamon!
I take my cinnamon seriously.
- 2 squirts of NuNatural liquid Stevia.—pretty much the best sweetener, that doesn’t bother my belly.
- 6 Strawberries diced.
Mix it all together and eat it.
Yes. with the eggs.
I told you it seems crazy, but I actually really, really like it. You have your complex carb, protein, fat all in one! BAM.
And I only dirty one bowl. –BONUS.
Try it! You might be surprised how delicious it is. It is a great staple for anyone!
Question of the Day:
Do you have any weird food/drink combos?