creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, November 12, 2012

Buffalo Burgers

Last night, I had my fam over for dinner and Brent was the master chef!

I made roasted sweet potatoes and cookies, my step mom brought some veggies and Brent made the burgers!

The Buffalo burgers!

DSC_1087

I have never had bison before and Brent’s mom gave it to us for free so what the hey.

Buffalo Burgers!

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds ground bison
  • 1 whole egg
  • 2 tbs smart balance butter
  • 3 tsp. pepper

Directions:

Form into patties, toss on grill for about 12 minutes-6 minutes each side!

throw it on a whole wheat bun and top it with tomato, lettuce, mustard, mayo, onion. whatever toppings you like really! I pulled out a trader joe special to share with the fam.

IMG_0266[1]

The buffalo burgers were a hit! My brothers were a little apprehensive at first but ended up wanting more!

I checked out some nutrition stats on bison and they are pretty awesome!

bison

Source

Workout:

My workout today was a 5 mile run and a pretty boring chest workout.

I will not lie. I really don’t like working out my chest. Its boring. –legs are always hard and chest is just boring.

But I’m sure I will be sore tomorrow from it, since I haven’t really concentrated on that muscle group a whole lot before.

THF update- I owe you all a update and I’m thinking I’m a few weeks behind I should just do a vlog about it… what do you think?

Questions of the day:

Have you had Bison?

What was your workout today?

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I have had bison once and really enjoyed it!! Chest can be a little dull. I am teaching Attack tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun seeing you at Skills last night. I'm looking forward to you coming back to teach pump. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually never tried buffalo before! I'm a little intimidated to try it, it sounds delicious though. Do a vlog on the update:) I love hearing other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete