creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Easy Pumpkin Treat and Cardio Mash

 

I taught body pump this morning and pulled out a old bicep track to THIS song, that I totally love. What can I say? I’m a total fan of the classic 90’s. I’m pretty sure everyone loved it, mainly because of my poor excuse amazing dance moves and no breaks.

After pump, I wanted to do a little extra cardio but had no desire to run because my hamstrings are SO sore from my tabata climb workout yesterday, so I wanted to do something that would go by quick and keep it interesting, with NO running.

I put together this quick mash-up and jumped from machine to machine to make the workout go by quick!

cardiomashup

With Thanksgiving coming up, my pumpkin cravings are at a all time high.

I whipped up a low-cal treat to get me through a little afternoon slump.

pumpkinmuffin

3 minute Pumpkin Muffin

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp. Coconut Flour
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/3 C. Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg

Directions:

Mix all ingredients with a metal fork in a microwave safe bowl. This takes a minute until it is well combined.

Cook in microwave for 3 minutes.

Top with your favorite topping! I went with a little vanilla bean coconut butter that this lady whipped up, and it was perfect!

DSC_1100

This treat is packed with fiber, and protein and will satisfy that pumpkin craving and sweet tooth!

What would a Saturday be without a home project! We are repainting our kitchen cabinets and I’m super excited to get this remodel underway. Mainly finished though!

Question of the day:

What was your workout today?

Any fun plans for the day?

3 comments:

  1. LOVE old school pump tracks :) :). That pumpkin muffins sounds fantastic. I'm the worst painter....I think I should never do it. I taught Body Step this morning and walked with Kay this afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coconut butter is good, but boy does it look like cum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog woman!!! I'm totally gonna try this recipe it sounds amazing!! <3 Chenelle.

    ReplyDelete