creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, August 3, 2012

Olympic Sprint Motivation


Last night I skipped out on blogging to spend a little extra time hanging with Brent while cheering on team USA gymnastics. Go GABBY!!
I don’t know gabby personally but I was on the edge of my seat and holding my breathe, crossing my fingers and all nervous like while they were tallying up the final scores.
gabby
source
I’m pretty proud of that little chica.
Yesterday recap:
Yesterdays workout left me with some dirty knees. ---> Lunges are a girls best friend and Manimals are just as “fun.”
IMG_8633[1]
After the workout I took the twins to play at the park until naptime. I am telling you, these two never get tired of the park and it’s the first thing they want to do every morning! While I was there I decided to make up a fun little park workout! I can’t wait to share it with you guys. There are lunges, box jumps, pull ups, pushups and sprints. I’ll get it up ASAP so you can take your kids to the park and get a little workout in at the same time!
IMG_8656[1]
Workout:
This morning Brent prepared some fit mixer aminos pre-workout
IMG_8626[1]
I headed to GPP to tackle the WOD. It was all core today and I was glad because my shoulders are pretty useless today after yesterday and Wednesdays workouts.My couldn’t do the back extensions weighted for 60 seconds… let alone the RX weight.  I did not even come close to RXing that beast.  Something to work for I suppose. Afterwards, I had a little extra time so I went to the gym for a few tabata sprints. I jumped on the treadmill and the 400 m sprint Olympic competition was on.
IMG_8660[1]
Talk about motivation! I used my gym boss app (Its FREE) for tabata sprints. I set the incline to 1.5 and set the speed to 11!! In 20 minutes I was dripping!! I watched the Olympic sprinters legs and tried to just keep up with them. So Sweaty!
IMG_8662[1]
Olympic Sprinters are legit! Not to mention inspiring!!
sprint
Lola jones ^^^source
Why Hello, abs, arms and legs!
We had a play date set after at the splash park with my SIL’s
I headed home for a quick shake.
IMG_8663[1]
In the mix:
  • 1 C. Almond Milk unsweetened Vanilla
  • 1/2 Banana
  • Frozen Berries
  • 1 scoop Fit Mixer chocolate
  • Ice
  • 1 tbs Chia Seeds
Then it was time for some fun!

IMG_8670[1]
We had a great time running through the splash pad and playing with our Aunts and cousins!
IMG_8666[1]
They both fell asleep before we got home, and we literally live 3 minutes away. They were tired nuggets. Hoping that nap goes for a little longer today. I’m hoping to get some chores done before they wake up!
Lunch
DSC_0766
Before I do the chores I had to eat first. Duh.
I made some ground turkey and threw it on a bed of lettuce with some green and yellow peppers, sweet potato and drizzled it with Walden farm honey mustard dressing!
DSC_0767

Tonight we have plans to see WICKED!!
wicked
source
My FIL bought us these tickets MONTHS ago and I have been so excited to see it! I have only been to a handful of Broadway plays, my favorite is Momma mia. I am a huge fan of Broadway musicals! I may or may not have a few in my running playlist.. Here I go again!
Question of the day:
Have you been to a Broadway Musical?
What is your favorite Olympic event?
I love watching gymnastics but am totally inspired by track and field as well.