creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, February 3, 2011

{Vanilla Almond Granola}

Hey Everyone!! Its almost Friday!!! I can't tell you HOW great that is. I actually think we might hit double digits over the weekend.. Because yesterday ...

Alriiiiiighty then.. so it doesn't look like we will be even close to double digit.. (insert sad face here)

With these frigid temps, I can't run outside and have been forced to the do so on the dreadmill. Training for a spring half marathon is tough work in Utah, or anywhere in the Midwest.. or East.. Is it warm anywhere right now?? Florida? I'm coming your way..
Despite my hate for running on the treadmill I was able to get it dooooone..
I was really supposed to just do 3, but I really got into "live to dance". Did anyone catch that show? It was the finale. It was my first time watching. It made me reeeeally miss dancing. 
I left a schweaty mess.

seeeexy.. the Mr. is a lucky guy right?

EXCITING NEWS.. 

The Misters brother got ENGAGED last night!! YAY! for weddings!! We love his fiance, she is a doll.

She is showing off the bling.. Can you say huge? Beautiful ring for a beautiful girl!
Congrats J! 


Its no secret, that I love Bear Naked granola.. 
Love love love.
They have great flavors and they are all made with pure, all natural ingredients. 

Well. guess what? I ate it all.. and it was to cold to go out and get more. 
So I made my own little variation! .... then I made more. 

{Vanilla Almond Granola}

{Ingredients}

2 Cups Old fashioned Oats
1 Cup brown rice cereal
3 scoops of vanilla Elite Protein
1 T. Vanilla Extract
1/4 C. Agave Nectar
1 T Cinnamon
1/2 C. Sliced Almonds (you can use any kind of nut)
1/4 C. Flax seeds
1 T Canola Oil
4 T Water
(if you want it a little sweeter add a Tablespoon or 2 of truvia/stevia)
Preheat oven 325 degrees
Mix it all together

Line cookie sheet pan with tinfoil (easy clean up)
Spray with canola oil 
Spread the granola on the pan
and bake for 15 minutes
Mix it around and continue to bake for 15 minutes
 and mix again and one final time only for about 10 minutes
until it slightly brown on top.

Let cool

Eat as much as your little heart desires.. 

Awesome high protein snack that will keep you full!
  • Eat it straight out of the oven
  • Put it in Milk
  • Great topping on your favorite Greek yogurt
Hopefully you love it as much as I do!!
Let me know if you try it!! 








1 comment: