creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mickey B's

Hi Friends!! Today has been busy busy! Maybe it was the 2 teething babies and the mountain of laundry.. I was still able to get a workout in. Today, at GPP we did a workout called manimals.. This kicked my booty.. To learn how to do a manimal check it out here.. Or go on down to GPP and they will show you one and even more amazing workouts.
source
Somewhere around number 70 ish.. I started thinking about lunch.. yes.. I think about food while working out sometimes... This workout was killer and a good meal post workout is well deserved!! Well, by the time I reached 100 I chucked that weight down and decided I wanted a burger.. and fries. Okay, I had the whole recipe thought up in my head.. It took me a while to do the "100 Manimals"...... Truth be told.. I was thinking so much about the recipe... I lost count.. so I just kept going until everyone was done.. (that works right Neil?)  
So I packed up the babies and we headed home.
For some Mickey B's -- not to be confused with mickey D's  cause Ronald Mcdonald got nothin'on me.

MICKEY B's

{Ingredients}


  • 1C. Old fashioned Oats
  • 1C. finely chopped onion
  • 1 T. minced Garlic
  • 1 T. Chili Powder
  • 1 1/4 t Salt
  • 1 T. Flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
  • 2 Egg whites, lightly beaten
  • 1 Can of diced tomatoes drained
  • 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey 



Simply take all the ingredients and Mix them together with a large spoon and form patties with your hands. 


Spray cooking surface with Pam or Canola oil and Place them on the grill, pan, or george. 

Since its freezing outside still I used George 


Let patty cook on George for about 10 minutes, if cooking on a pan or grill cook for about 6 minutes on each side.


Place on a multigrain thin bun (I picked up mine at Smiths) Top with avocado spinach, or your favorite toppings


Serve some Rutabaga fries on the side. For that recipe click here. Or parsnip fries would be fabulous as well. 


Delicious.

Manimals may of got the best of me.. but I'll do anything for a Mickey B. 



1 comment:

  1. Yummy! after my 10 mile run today Im making those right now for dinner.

    ReplyDelete