creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quinoa boats!

Hey everyone! Sorry for no post yesterday! But it was to beautiful of a day outside and I had to take advantage of it!! Its been awhile since its been warm enough to step outside or able to even take a breathe outside in SLC for awhile!

So we went for a walk to park, I was hoping to be able to put the babies in the swings but by the time we got there.. they were fast asleep!  I can't wait until the grass is nice and green, but look at the sky!! It was so blue and beautiful! I hope this weather sticks around.. 

Before dinner, I wasn't feeling to creative, so I turned to other food blogs for inspiration! 
Thanks to mama pea from peas and thank you for this delicious meal! 

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers!

Ingredients
  • 4 peppers
  • 1 C. Quinoa
  • 1/4 C. minced yellow onion
  • 1 1/4 C. water
  • 1 1/4 C. tomato sauce
  • 2 t Chili Powder
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 2 T. Nutritional yeast ( I didn't have any)
  • 1/2 C. Cheese (your choice)
  • 2 avocados for guacamole
Directions
  1. In a medium sauce pan toast toast the quinoa and minced onion, this takes about 5-6 minutes. 


2. Add water, tomato sauce, garlic, chili, salt and pepper and bring to boil

3. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
5. cut tops out of your peppers (any color of pepper can be used)

6. fill pepper 1/4 with quinoa mix

7. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 1 hour
8. Remove from oven and take off tinfoil and place nutritional yeast on top then sprinkle cheese on the top
9. Place in oven on hi broil until cheese is melted.

These were SOO good! We had some friends over for dinner so I served them with grilled chicken and a simple green salad. Because I didn't think it would fill us up.. I was wrong. I was so stuffed by the end. YOU have to make these! They are perfect and my friends little boy who is 3 ate the entire thing.. he loved his "Quinoa boat". So its something for the whole family!! 

ENJOY!!

To wrap the night up, we cuddled up and watched THE PROPOSAL on Netflix..
I LOVE that movie.. We have already watched it twice!!! 


Q. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VALENTINE MOVIE?

































1 comment: