Now that I am off and running in Cali, I thought I would dig a recipe out of the archives!
By posting multiple times a week, some favorites get hidden in the deep abyss. Why not share them again?
Bringing back the good stuff!!
Homemade HEALTHY Granola Bars!!
Hey guys, here is the recipe for the Healthy Granola Bars from my News Debut yesterday! These bars are so versatile, you can follow my recipe and even add or change whatever you would like!
Healthy Granola Bars
- 1 & 3/4C. Old fashioned Oatmeal
- 1/4 C. Raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 C. raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C. chia seeds
- 1/4 C. usweeteed coconut
- 1/8 C. ground flaxseed
- *for extra protein add about 3 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 C. Agave nectar/brown rice syrup
- 1/3 C. All Natural PB
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them together.
2) In a separate (microwave safe) bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, then microwave them for about 20 to 30 seconds. This will make it easier to mix and add to the dry ingredients.
3) Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix, Keep mixing until the wet ingredients are as well distributed as possible.
4) Put the mixture into a 8x12 glass pan and flatten it down, pressing firmly.
5) Store in the fridge for about 20 minutes before cutting them into bars. I keep them in there until I want one also.
Yields: About 12 bars
These really are delicious! and they take only 5 minutes to whip up! and you only really dirty like 1 bowl, 1 cup, and a pan. at the most, which is a plus in my book! I hate doing dishes ;)