creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 here we come!

Hey friends!! hope everyone is fully recovered from the holiday hustle! Anyone find any amazing after Christmas sales? Or did you just play cool like me and avoid the stores at all cost?

Today was an early morning for us all! We had a big storm blow in last night and it was loud!! B woke up about 2:30 am because of the wind and ended up snuggling with me and the mr. until my alarm went off at 4:30am to get up for an early morning swim with the GPP fishes.

I came home after an hour swim and snuggled with my babies in bed for an hour or so before getting them ready to head back to gym to get the WOD done.


Three rounds of:
1 min row (count calories)
1 min thrusters 45/65 (count reps)
1 min box jumps (count reps)
1 min KB swings 35/53 (count reps)
1 min OH DB press 15/20 ea. (count reps)
Rest 1 min between each round.  
The clock does NOT stop between exercises. 
Count total reps - add to total calories (from rowers) and post total to comments.   
My total was 407! 

 GOOD WORKOUT today! I felt really good, considering the amount of sleep I got.. or lack there of.  But I took it for all it was worth.
Pre-Workout swim: was a half banana with AB. NO Pic.. I'm just going to admit.. It was to early to even care about finding a camera..

Post Swim
Oats! of course!

1/2 cup of oats. Cook in microwave for one minute
ADD
half scoop of protein vanilla whey, 
1 tbs of ground flax seeds 
and top with almonds
then I finished the rest of that banana.



Post workout #2
Protein shake on the rocks.
1.5 scoop of chocolate elite whey 
mixed with water 
add
3 ice cubes.

enjoy while reading about a curious monkey and a man in a yellow hat ;)


I usually teach body pump wed. nights. but tonight we have plans to go see a play. Tickets via father in-law. I'm excited to have a night out with my family! I

Yesterday, The WOD was something I need to improve..


Pulling Maxi
max rep Aussie pullups
max rep strict chins
max rep kipping pullups


 yes, I have a weakness.. okay I have ALOT of them.. but KIPS, PULLUPS are something I want to work on. I have had alot of help with them.. They are alot harder to me then they really are.. I think about it to much. No worries. Ill get it.
check it out. I'm getting there....

embarrasing... I know..;)

Then it was time for a run.. I ended up on the dreadmill... Had a hard time getting going but after a little bit I was feeling pretty good.
Slower then I would like but I wasn't feelin the run. especially on the dreadmill.


As 2011approaches, do you have any new years resolutions in mind? The gym I go to is having a 6 week challenge starting soon. Check it out here. If you want to come try it, I have a coupon for half off your first month! Just email me if your interested! If your out of state, I'm sorry.. just move to utah. k? I've been brainstorming for a little bit about it. I have alot of fitness goals in mind for this next year. Along with personal goals. Heck, I have goals everyday to do.
What would you like to see on the blog next year?
I'm still working on thebodyofamother website. It has kind of taken a back seat lately.. So I'm getting back on it. Its just taking me longer then I thought.. Its coming though.. 2011!

Have a good day! I'll be posting my goals here soon. ;)

What are some of your resolutions for 2011? 

Now I'm off to find out how the man in the yellow hat deals with a monkey in a library..

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is awesome and inspiring Candice!! I love keeping up with you (ok.... reading with you... I couldn't 'keep' up with you and your workouts) YOU ROCK!!

    P.S. Oh and I love the post! Except for the part about encouraging people to go to GPP instead of FireHouse!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Candice! I don't know how you do it. Just reading it wears me out! hahaha! Earlier Today though I made a goal/New Year's resolution with my friend that we are going to play the "biggest loser" with a bunch of other friends and everyone puts in $10 and whoever loses the most weight in 2 months time wins the loot! So I have committed to this, now I need to kick some booty...I will be needing all the help I can get! Thanks for your inspiring blog!

    ReplyDelete