creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, August 23, 2010

What is that smell!?

So, for the past 6 weeks, as a new mother.. I have experienced alot of new things, smells being one of them.. The smell of new babies, their poop, the baby lotion, used breast pads, babies breath and now.. MaPLe SyRup?!
The past couple days I would get a whiff of maple syrup.. in the morning when I get out of bed, at the gym, cleaning my house, nursing my babies.. I just thought maybe its my new deodorant, But after awhile, I got tired of smelling like a giant pancake. And getting the sudden urge to make waffles.. ha! I found out that the herb I'm taking to help stimulate more breast milk is the culprit.. So I did a little research.. www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/fenugreek.html



Well, there you have it.. Yours truly will smell like maple syrup as long as I continue taking fenugreek.