creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, August 16, 2010

..Rules..


ummm.. I see them more as GUIDELINES.. There are so many rules to obey while your pregnant. But I would just call them guidelines. Why? because, who really knows if eating tuna, or sushi, or honey causes birth defects. Then after you have the baby there is even more "guidelines", nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks, avoid exercise, and don't fully submerge yourself in water. Now, don't get me wrong. They are guidelines for a reason. You don't want to do anything to endanger your baby or yourself. But you are, you, do whats best for you. Everyone that knows me knows I don't really hold still for to long. I love exercise, I think it is so important in your life. Not just for a healthy lifestyle but its a stress reliever, makes you feel better about yourself and really just makes you happy! As said best in Legally Blond, " Exercise gives people happy endorphins and happy just people don't kill someone" - Elle Woods. I started walking as soon as I got home from the hospital, and slowly started doing more activity everyday, I workout with my resistance bands, or do postnatal yoga. This last Saturday, I finally stepped back in the gym! I did a body combat class and loved it. It felt great to sweat again. Then later that day my husband and I went for a run. Which is when I realized its been awhile.. But it felt good to run! I'm anxious to get back at it. I love that I have my babies with me also, It adds resistance to my run and gives you a little something extra! Its been almost 5 weeks since my babies were born. So just do what you think is best for you. Everyone has their own opinion what they think is best. Personally, I was an active person before I was pregnant so I believe that my recovery has been so smooth because of that, so I feel that its okay to do what I have been doing. Don't take my example though and push yourself to do something if your not ready. Start off slow. I'm still taking it easy and rest when I can. But if you feel good, GO for it!