creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, March 29, 2013

Weird Food Combos are sometimes the BEST.

 

Oh hey, it’s the weekend!!

The sun is out here and its glorious! It really is days like this that I really do love Utah.

IMG_2696[1]

Last night I ended up shakin it at Zumba. It was a really fun class {as always!} Teresa is awesome! She is also starting a body blast class which is similar to ballet blast! I can’t wait to try it out, its 90 minutes!! That is some serious tone and booty burn if you ask me! Anyway,  I ended up chatting with the girls in turn getting home later then usual and just called it a day when I got home.

I also ended up doing part of this CORE workout yesterday and finally got a pretty decent run in with my new Mizunos! ----> LOVE, love, LOVE!

Even though it was a beautiful day, I ended up running inside on the TM because my running stroller was out of commission with a flat tire.. besides the kids LOVE the daycare at Skills Fitness. It really is one of the best staffed, cleanest and most interactive kids club there is. They get excited to go play and have fun while I get my workout in!

IMG_2691[1]

I wasn’t really in the mood to workout yesterday morning so I just decide to take it nice and easy. I started at a 6.2 and increased speed a bit each mile! Each mile was better and better. It always takes me about two miles to fall into the groove and just run.

I was so glad I actually got it done. Sometimes when I don’t feel like doing anything, I always tell myself just to get there and get moving and see how it goes. I may not ever fall in the groove, but I never regret it.

I refueled with the crazy combo, it was strange but glorious at the same time.

IMG_2697[1]

Egg whites, sweet potatoes and chocolate protein PB2..

Told you it was crazy… but it was surprisingly amazing… and I had the same thing today!

IMG_2701[1]

Today I got the GPP workout in, which was a run mixed with some kb swings and V-ups. Then later I decide to take the kids for a quick jog because Brent gave the stroller tire a new tube and it ran just like new!

IMG_2708[1]

We ran up to a park which I would guess is about 3 1/2 miles round trip from our house.

The kids had a blast!

IMG_2714[1]IMG_2711[1]

It was a fun day!

Do you have any crazy food combos you want to share?