creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, March 25, 2013

Easy Protein PB&J

Another Monday, here we GO!

Hope you guys had a great day! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I LOVE Mondays!

I take every Monday to re-focus and dial in on nutrition… starting with breakfast. Which I ate on my way to the gym and didn’t get a pic… but it was pumpkin oatmeal.. Ill spare you a pic.. don’t worry I have a delicious picture of oats at the end of the post.

Sundays are my typical rest day and Mondays I am fresh and ready to hit it hard.

jonesn40

Source--->click on link for video demos of the movements.

The workout at GPP was all about just getting our heart rates up, and lunges… 160 to be exact.

I felt like Jell-o after that!

GPP has started doing a “CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK”

A physical. lifestyle and nutritional challenge each week!

It has been awesome this last couple weeks and I find them to be motivating and uplifting!! Especially the lifestyle challenge because it challenges me to do things that I normally wouldn’t think about doing in the normal daily grind!

Check them out this week!

I am a person that thrives after this type of thing and it has been such a great thing for me. I have learned so much from it.

So I spent some time after the WOD, doing some of the physical challenges of the week!

LUNCH:

After the workout I refueled with some sweet potatoes, eggs and green beans. IMG_2635[1]

Then I cleaned up this mess…

IMG_2636[1]

Oh, she is just so cute…Winking smile

She did have an accomplice though!

IMG_2637[1]

(That is them actually “cleaning up”….)

I taught Body Attack tonight and spent naptime going over all the choreography and jazz for the night.

Before heading to class I snacked on a messy PB&J sandwich!

I toasted two cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, heated up some frozen berries then mixed in chia seeds to make jam and then mixed some chocolate (chocolate is all I had.) PB2 with water and added a little less then scoop of vanilla protein and got 30 grams of protein packed into one PB&J!!

IMG_2642[1]

Seriously, the best thing I have had in a long time!! It was a little messy, but it was warm and perfectly sweet and could easily be classified as dessert.Winking smile

I haven’t taught attack for the last few weeks because of my shins and WOW… Take a month off of teaching that class and I’m sucking wind.. or maybe it was because I may or may not of accidently added 24 plyo lunges to the power track and Burpees in the running track.. ANYWAY.. it was an AWESOME class!

I came home and was craving oats and that was that- dinner was decided.

Cinnamon Oats and egg whites.

IMG_2647[1]

Not pretty… but it was fantastic.

I think Ill wake up early and take my new shoes for a run!

What is one thing you do to keep yourself on the right track? Mentally, Physically, or Nutritionally?