creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, March 4, 2013

High Protein Banana Pancakes

 

Fact: I totally broke out in song while making these pancakes!

highproteinbanana

These pancakes are awesome! They are quick to make, with simple ingredients, and minimal prep and BAM

Breakfast.

Ingredients:

DSC_0197

  • 1 C. Dairy Cottage Cheese (I used 2%)
  • 2 Tbs. Coconut flour
  • 1 scoop Protein Powder (I used Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean)
  • 4 egg whites or 3/4 C. 100% Egg whites
  • 1 Medium Banana
  • 5 drops of liquid Stevia
  • 1 Tbs. Cinnamon

Directions:

Blend all ingredients in Blender

DSC_0194

Heat skillet to 350 degrees

Pour batter onto skillet, bubbles will appear, when they pop – flip the pancakes.

DSC_0196

Its about a 1:30 each side.

DSC_0200

These aren’t big fluffy pancakes. They are thin and nutritionally packed!

DSC_0205

I topped them with Chia Berry Jam! (Recipe to come)

The nutritional stats are awesome on these flap jacks.

Check it.

IMG_2262[1]

I threw all the ingredients into MyfitnessPal and split into 3.. This recipe makes about 23 medium pancakes!

Serving size is 7 pancakes each!

Heck.. you could probably eat all 23 pancakes if you wanted really..

I won’t stop you.

Workout today:

GPP – Totally had the Monday drag. But what a killer way to start off the week!

Ran 1 whole mile before teaching a Boot Camp Class.

Big run in the future… Can’t wait to tell you tomorrow!

What is your favorite breakfast?

I LOVE German Pancakes! They were a staple in my house growing up! I’d always claim the one with the biggest bubble. Winking smile