creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ballin’ & Dancin.

 

Happy Thursday!!

It is days like today, all I want to do is run and play outside.

Because of my shins I can’t run but we sure did play!

IMG_2428[1]IMG_2427[1]

IMG_2422[1]IMG_2424[1]

I took the kids to the park with some brunch and they had fun running around for TWO whole hours in the sun! It was perfect weather today and something we have all been craving for MONTHS! 70 degrees is my idea of PERFECT weather.

The workout at GPP was definitely the most different and fun workout I have ever done!

baller

Source

This workout challenges your nervous system like no other and it is COOL! The stabilization required to kneel or sit on the ball without support is insane! It strengthens the core in so many ways. In fact, I didn’t even think it was possible to be able to do it. After a few days of practicing, I proved myself wrong..

We did single arm presses and bicep curls today and I’m already feeling it in my core! The stability ball situps remind me of using a GHD! It was also a great reminder to stretch my back out every so often! --->eek. Not so flexible there anymore! The cool thing about this workout was the not one press or curl was the same! You are constantly moving and adjusting with your ball that you use different muscle fibers to get the weight up and keep it in motion Cool stuff!

There are links that go over each movement on the GPP site.

After the workout, I wanted to get a little cardio in and since I can’t run, I did the stair climb case to no where….I had a friend to talk to, so that helped the time go by quick! I threw in a few intervals to get my heart rate up and I was dripping by the end! 

IMG_2418[1]

I had a protein shake from the gym to get me through the park escapade, so by the time we got home I was more then ready for lunch!

DSC_0257

I haven’t had tilapia for a week and finally got stocked back up on it!

I made this huge salad with spinach, peppers, broccoli and avocado!

It was delicious and totally hit the spot!

I even got a good nap in while the babies before heading back to GPP to coach the night crew.

As I was wrapping up the night, a few of my friends were walking in and I guessed it was ZUMBA time! As I tried to secretly grab my stuff and peace on out of there. My friend Alison asked me to stay…

Uh…..

My friend Teresa teaches a killer Zumba class at GPP twice a week and I am NOT a zumba person.. I know its weird, I was a dancer and I have never been a fan of Zumba, I have tried, really! But I have never made it through a whole class!

They talked me into staying and told me I had to do the whole thing at least 3 times. I texted Brent and made sure it was okay if I stayed, and check on the kiddos and then got to shakin!

Guess what? I actually had fun!! Teresa is an amazing instructor and even though I’m not a frequent visitor I was able to follow along for the most part!

She did a ton of stuff where I had to be light on my feet and on my toes which really hurts my shins so I tried to implement other movements and kept my feet grounded… Needless to say, I probably looked like a fool. 

 zumba

Her music was fun and it wasn’t a bunch of meringue and salsa stuff. It was more…

zumba1

It really was fun!

Do you Zumba?

What is your idea of perfect weather?

Challenge of the week!

Get a ball and practice kneeling on it!

3 comments:

  1. Aw! I bet the kiddos had so much fun! Definitely looks like a beautiful day. I've only done Zumba a couple times. I think its a great low impact cardio option...its just not right for me :) Ideal temperature? 80!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a huge Zumba fan either ;/ I used to teach a class here in Dallas called Danceaton that is more like a high impact version but very fun! You would probably love it! The lady that leads it is originally from Panama and has some fun moves. I love dancing though! Kinda miss teaching it! I just dance in the living room instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My idea of perfect weather is in the 50-65 range and sunny. Not too hot, not too cold. Something we are waiting for in Michigan! I just checked the weather and it's supposed to snow another 3 inches tonight. My youngest is craving some park time, hopefully not too much longer!!

    I've never done Zumba, not sure it's my thing!

    Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

    ReplyDelete