creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shamrock Shake

happy-st-patrick-s-day-saint-patricks-day-13177257-1600-818

I hope you had a great day celebrating today! I probably had one of the most laziest days of my life and it was wonderful. I did not get out of my pajamas until 4 pm and that was just because I had to get ready to go to a family party for corned beef and cabbage. I took 2 naps! I must of needed rest I guess!

I actually have a love/hate with rest days. I know they are very important, but I am more likely to be a presentable, kind, and patient human being when I get a workout in.

Anyone else?

I made a high protein shamrock shake this morning that was a huge hit with the kids too!

IMG_2506[1]

In the blender:

  • 8 oz. Almond Milk
  • 7-10 Ice Cubes
  • 1/8 tsp. Mint Extract
  • 5 drops of liquid stevia
  • 1-2 tsp Sugar-free pistachio pudding mix
  • 1/2 C. Cottage Cheese (lactaid-if your belly doesn’t love dairy.)
  • 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 2 C. Spinach

BLEND!

This turned out amazing and definitely puts McDonalds Shake to shame in the nutritional department.

Give it a try!

Do you have any St. Patrick Day traditions?

Green water in the toilet? Eat lucky charms? Leprechaun messes?