creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Berry Coconut Pro-oats, When? Why? & Oh, a GOAT!

DSC_0222

I love to have some oatmeal in the morning after a tough run or workout, I feel like it gives me an extra boost and starts the day off on the right foot.

I have a bunch of different combinations I love and live by, but this one seems to be my go-to lately!

DSC_0225

I actually eat it before workouts too, depending on what my workout is for the day.

Cardio- After, mainly because I don’t want to puke… and I tend to cramp if I eat to soon before a hard cardio sesh. If it’s a long run, where I’m going for distance but not really time and more of an easy run, I’ll have it about an hour before.

Lifting- Before. Having the carbs in me before lifting gives me the fuel to get through some muscle building madness.

But, whatever works for you!

goat

Berry Coconut Chia Pro-oats

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 C. Whole Grain Oats (I use Bobs Red Mill GF)
  • water (to cook oats with)
  • 1 Tbsp. Coconut flakes (unsweetened)
  • 1/3 C. Frozen berries
  • 1/2 Tbs. Chia seeds
  • 1 scoop of Protein Powder (Vanilla)
  • Dash of Cinnamon

Directions:

Combine the oats, water and berries-

Cook in microwave for 2 minutes

Throw in everything else and stir together until well combined.

DSC_0223

Bam, Ma’am

EASY!

Ill even make it before heading to the gym, in a tupperware and bring it to me to the gym so I have it ASAP.

I am obsessing over chia seeds lately! They are a nutritional power house and I’m really starting to feel the benefits of them!

 

What is your go to breakfast lately?

What is your favorite oatmeal mix in?

Quick? Steel cut? rolled?