creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, February 4, 2013

A new MONTH

Yay! Its finally FEBRUARY!

Anyone else feel like January is like one long Monday?

February is one of my favorite months. We have a few exciting things to plan for!

It is our anniversary on the 7th (Thursday)! And of course Valentines and I LOVE Valentines day!

Something to look forward to right?!

Weekend Re-cap

*My phone came back to life! Although my front camera doesn’t work anymore and the back camera is a bit foggy. Be prepared for less then stellar photography, since I take 98.2% of my photos with my phone!

*Workouts:

481576_414033795351052_1028866923_n

Saturday:I wasn’t feeling very well this weekend and it hurt to talk so I took Saturday off of pump to rest my voice and recover. I did end up doing this workout nice and slow and wogging (walk/jogging) a little over 5 miles on the TM.

IMG_1725[1]

Sunday: Rest Day- Did some active recovery work to shake out some sore legs from this workout, that had a bajillion lunges.. (It was on Friday…)

*Exciting News: My little sister Jess, got ENGAGED!!!

IMG_1752[1]IMG_1751[1]

So excited for her and this new chapter in her life. They set the date for June 8th!

*We cleaned our carpets (NOT exciting) but made me happy.

*Tanner got a haircut…..from his dad

IMG_1721[1]

*Superbowl: We ended up going to my other sisters house to watch the game and celebrate my sisters engagement. We had a small spread of food, but nothing fancy or anything to write home about. Winking smilePlus, I’ll spare you another picture of superbowl food. –Your welcome.

Was that the longest game in history? I even took a nap… but can we talk about the half time show for 2.2?

superbowl

source

HOT! If beyonce made a dance workout video, I would be first in line. DANG, that girl rocked it! I also loved the Destiny Child Reunion. Although, I wish they would of included the song “say my name.” That song was totally my jam in Junior High. I must say all 3 of them look phenomenal too!

Seriously. I’m not embarrassed.

Today:

Workout:

I woke up bright and early to tackle manimals like a man. I’m still loving my early morning workouts, especially if I get to bed before 10:30pm… (I love to be a night owl though!)

manimals

What is a manimal? THAT is a manimal. 100? no sweat.

After the workout I completed this quick ab workout, which I’ll be doing everyday this week due to the OHC (Optimal Health Challenge) at GPP.

OHC

Okay not really. But took it pretty easy, still not feeling 100% and I have Body Attack Launch Tonight!! SOOO excited! This may be my favorite release so far!

Breakfast:

I came home and refueled with a warm bowl of oatmeal.

The bitter cold is still around and oatmeal hits the spot!

IMG_1748[1]

Beautiful, I know.

In the bowl:

  • 1 C. Gluten Free Rolled Oats (TJ’s)
  • 4 eggs (3 white, 1 whole)
  • 1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
  • Cinnamon to taste
  • Liquid Stevia (nu naturals)

Now, I’m ready to get some work done around the house until the kidlets wake up!

Have a great day!

Question of the day:

What was your highlight of the Super bowl?