creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, February 11, 2013

Burst Cycle Diet

I think I may be the only person who LOVES Mondays! Really this Monday was great, and actually flew by!! Doesn’t happen all the time but today it did! (Maybe, cause I had a super long weekend..)

Today, I slept in and hit the gym a little later today, and I’m so glad I did! I’m still battling some weird congestion thing so cardio+stuffy nose just doesn’t go together!

Check out all the handprints! I love it!

IMG_1851[1]

The GPP standard is basic and sweaty, I actually didn’t keep track of my rounds though, but I did work hard!  I was able to kip all the pull ups with out ripping and I didn’t have to stop to blow my nose so I’m taking it as a win!

IMG_1852[1]

Lunch:

My lunch for the past 2 days has been a massive Turkey Sandwich!

IMG_1840[1]

I bought this turkey from costco:

DSC_0147

Its awesome! Yea, you have to cut it yourself but it has less sodium then packaged deli meat, gluten free and no preservatives!

Burst Cycle Diet

As part of OHC (Optimal Health Challenge) this week it is part of the Challenge to follow the Burst Cycle Diet. We gave the challenge of following burst last week as well and I chose not to do it. I have never actually done burst to its full extent so I’m going to give it a go!

So far so good! I was worried I would be hungry all day, because I have been eating every 2-3 hours for months so I was sure that is what my body is accustomed to. But honestly, it hasn’t been to bad!

The Burst Cycle diet is the following:

burstcycle

There are a few rules to the madness..

burst2

I have had to switch a few things due to allergy issues; but so far so good! I find if I keep myself busy through out the day and space the meals out, I actually don’t get hangry.

Today for Example:

Wake up—Eat Breakfast (Take Multivitamin, drink water)

Go to Gym (Take BCAA, drink water)

Run errands! (Drink Water!)

Lunch: about 1:30-2 (Take Fish Oil, drink water)

Laundry, Dishes, Chores, call a friend, study choreography for attack etc. while the twins nap

Teach class (Take BCAA,drink water)

Eat Dinner!

Now, I’m blogging and will go to bed asap!

I’m on day two and I feel great today! I haven’t had any bloating issues today, besides a little energy slump in the middle day—which happens pretty much everyday anyway….

I will do a full review of the diet when I am done with it, but I’m going to stick with it for 2 weeks and see how it all goes. I’ll keep you all in the loop. Winking smileHonestly, I have always been a little skeptical of the diet- Eating 3x day.. yada, yada, yada, but I guess “you can’t knock it till you try it.” Right?! It fits perfectly with the macros that work great with my bod, so I ‘m throwing everything I have been taught in school and everything I’ve heard from doctors, other fitness gurus (I’ve always been a eat every 3-4 hours kinda gal) and going for it! 

Please take a minute and read about the diet HERE!

Random Randomness:

I have to post a pic of the twinners because I haven’t for awhile!

IMG_1846[1]

These two are really best friends.. they hold hands, laugh and play all day! They do fight sometimes don’t get me wrong, but most of the time they take care and love each other!

IMG_1839[1]

Taking everything out of the fridge is Tanners new favorite game…. He takes everything out, lines them up then kicks each one down.. awesome.. Guess who didn’t screw on the lid all the way to those chia seeds before he kicked that down for a goal??

oops.