creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, October 1, 2010

..farewell..

 Today we said goodbye to a wonderful wife, sister, grandma, my babies great grandma and a MOTHER. The Misters Grandma past away after years of health problems and a sudden fight with cancer. 
She will be missed. 





I got my workout done early this morning. Well sort of.. I pressed snooze about 3 times before I rolled out of bed.. baby B was not the best sleeper last night so needless to say I was exhausted. But I headed to the gym regardless.. just planning on taking a nap later.. which of course didn't happen.. I was late to Body combat.. so I decided to just do my own w.o. and it went a little something like this..
1 mile warm up run on the tread 11:13(again.. it took me a little bit to get going this morning!) 
{Workout}

10 pull ups
20 pushups 
3 X

Bicep curls inside 20 lbs 12 reps
hanging leg raises 20
Bicep curls outside 20lbs 12 reps
3 X

Then a little GPP

50 sit ups
50 high sumo 25/35
1 mile run
50 sit ups
50 high sumo
1000 m row
for time
I forgot to start my timer..ugh.. but I'm estimating less then 30 min..cause I was in & out in 1 hour

I love GPP, Niel Anderson is the genius behind it, But because I live to far from his gym, but I love his workouts, they are challenging & effective, so if you live in the bountiful/centerville area go try it out! Or if you can just check the website for the daily workout:)
& today the bar got the best of my shin during high sumos..It drew blood! cool, eh?It really just makes me look tough right?!

{Meals}

Breakfast was just the same choco shake from yesterday with some Ezekiel toast 
lunch was super late due to the funeral, I skipped out on the funeral potatoes and came home to make this


I swapped the funeral potatoes for a sweet potater w/ hummus
grilled chicken
red & orange pepper strips w/ hummus
seasoned w/ Mrs. Dash

Dinner was not photographed but it consisted of the left over mexi meal

Snacks throughout the day
Gala w/ some cinnamon love
& 5 egg whites & a handful of carob chips :) 

have a good night: ) I'm off to study Body pump for class tomorrow & hang out with my beautiful sister, she is sleeping over with me tonight cause mister is out of town:) love her!

Happy Friday!