creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mini Turkey Muffins

Twins never get sick at the same time…

But they both get sick… that is something you can never avoid.

IMG_1660[1]

Lets just say they have been taking at least 4 baths a day lately…

Sorry I’ve been MIA lately, but with two miserable twinners cooped inside the house during an artic blast the last two days I haven’t had time to do much, except hold, cuddle and serve…

oh and clean…

IMG_1658[1]IMG_1654[1]

We got them on antibiotics and are on the mend! I’m hoping the worse is over and we can get back to living life soon and not hiding from the world.

 IMG_1656[1]

I did make up some mini turkey muffins!

Mini Turkey Muffins

IMG_1589[1]

Ingredients:

  • 1 package of Ground Turkey Breast
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 cup shredded sweet potato
  • 1/2 C. Diced Celery
  • 1/2 C. Diced Sweet Onion
  • 1 Tbs Mrs. Dash onion and herb
  • Pepper to taste

 

IMG_1592[1]

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350

Mix all ingredients together

Place a Tbs. amount into prepared mini cupcake pan (I used mini cupcake foils to save on clean up.)

Bake for 15-20 minutes

 

IMG_1593[1]

IMG_1597[1]

These have become my favorite post workout snack! I eat 4-5 of them and call it good!

The stats are pretty awesome too!

I plugged it into myfitnesspal recipe to get these stats for 4 muffins!

IMG_1669[1]