creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Art With Heart, THF, & OHC

 

Sorry, I have been neglecting the blog this week!  It’s been busy week on the mom front. Having two sick little two year olds doesn’t give me a lot of down time lately. But they are starting to feel better after a few days of sore throats, runny nose and coughing. (Its totally going around town…) I blame the –2 degree weather… and inversion. Ugh.

Here is a quick run down of what has been happening.

Workouts:

Thursday: GPP

Friday: GPP, 2 mile run

Saturday: GPP, Body Pump, 2 mile run.

Eats:

Lately, all my meals have been pretty similar every day. I’m still following my plan from Porter at Total Health and fitness (THF) --(which I owe a HUGE re-cap on.) I took a break from it for it bit just because I wanted to enjoy the holidays without stressing to much about getting all my meals in perfectly, parties, etc. So, it was my first week back this week and I just have a few weeks left. I have had a few emails asking for more details on my meals, which I’ll do a full re-cap on but here are 3 out of 6 meals I have every day.

 

Berry Protein Shake

DSC_0049

  • 8 oz water
  • 1 scoop of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
  • 1/2 cups of berries
  • Handful of Spinach
  • 1 tsp Ground Flaxseed
  • Ice (6-7 cubes)

DSC_0047

 

Egg Scramble bowls

DSC_0054

  • 4 oz Yam chopped and diced
  • 4 eggs whites
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 cup Spinach

Not beautiful by any means but its quick and easy! I soften up the sweet potato in the skillet with a little olive oil then add the eggs and spinach.

Tilapia & Green Beans

DSC_0055

  • 1 cup of Green Beans
  • 30 g of avocado
  • 4-5 oz of tilapia seasoned with Mrs. Dash

DSC_0056

Eating off kids plates are so much funner then normal plates.

ART WITH HEART

Last night I took be to Art with Heart.

IMG_1287[1]

Art with Heart is a benefit dance concert that goes towards shriners hospital. It is put on my a few different local dance studios and my cousin and friends daughters were dancing in it as well.

Baylee has been loving anything that has to do with dancing and ballerinas lately. I wanted her to go but was worried about her sitting through a 2 1/2 hour concert on my lap. I had nothing to stress about because she did fantastic! She sat in awe of all the dancers and clapped after every dance.

IMG_1305[1]

Their was a quick intermission that one of my friends came and got me and took me down so Baylee could get a picture with the dancers!

IMG_1306[1]

One is my cousin and the other is my friends little girl. They were in a few dances together and both are amazing little dancers!

IMG_1303[1]

She loved it!

OHC

At GPP we have started the new year off with a Optimal Health Challenge (OHC). I will be focusing on it for the next 6 weeks!! Janetha is signed up to take part of it and she wrote a great post recapping what it is all about, I was going to write a whole post on it as well but she nailed it so go read hers! If your interested in being part of it, shoot me quick e-mail and I can help you jump on board. candice@bodyofamother.com

Time to get ready for the day!

Hope you all have had a great weekend!