creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Done and Done.

 

Workout: 17 miles, Body Pump

I did it! I woke up this morning and knocked out 17 miles. I was kind of nervous about this run and almost didn’t do it at all. I actually even went into it, thinking I wouldn’t finish. I woke up at 5:30 and hit the pavement by 6. It took a good 3 miles for me to fall into the groove. I took the miles slow, at a comfortable 9:30 pace for the first 14 miles.. I made it back to the gym at 14.56 and finished 3 miles with an 8:30 pace on the treadmill before body pump started.

IMG_6524[1]

Phew. Feels good to be able to run without excruciating pain. I felt surprisingly well today. I took some IBU right when I woke up with half a banana, and some almonds.. Its amazing how MENTAL running can be. It’s a constant fight sometimes especially when your playing with an injury, but I feel accomplished, even if my miles weren’t quite on target for my goal. I decided EVERY run is a major accomplishment no matter the distance or time!

Mile 6- I had 2 shot blocks, +music

IMG_6523[1]

Mile 13- had 2 more

Post run- I chugged BCAA drink (fit mixer) on my way into pump.

I went light on all my weights while teaching body pump and was glad to have such great members to push me to get through it. Squats and lunges were by far the hardest..which I expected but there is something about teaching and not being able to stop that gets you to the end!

I came home and made a ginormous recovery shake..

IMG_6522[1]x2 and a half!

In the mix:

  • 1.5 C. Almond milk
  • Banana
  • Ice
  • 1.5 scoop Chocolate protein
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • handful of spinach
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • Pinch of xanthan gum

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night I had a great date night with my little bro!! I was able to snag some Jazz Tickets from a friend (Thanks Mal!!). Brent was working late so I asked my little bro to go with me! B and T got to play with GPA and GMA.

IMG_6520[1]

We had a blast! Although they lost (by 1!!) it was still on fun time! We even got on the jumbotron once!

IMG_6516[1]

IMG_6521[1]

I love Jazz games! Always entertaining.. especially when Jimmer was in town..(He plays for the kings but use to be a big wig for BYU basketball).

Off to jump in a ice bath…and then get ready for FAMILY PICTURES!! Which will be a marathon in itself with the my whole family.. Wish me luck! Oh, and T had to take a tumble outside on the cement this morning while playing and is sporting a fancy scrape on his face Sad smile.. Perfect timing buddy.

Catch you later!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 17 miles! I did 16 miles today and it was TOUGH!!! You are such an inspiration. You got done running 17 miles, then went and did Body Pump. I ran 16 miles and came home and vegged out. Haha!

    ReplyDelete